Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Outpost31 said:

No, this one I'm being completely serious, and I'm not trying some reverse jinx here. 

Zero playoff experience for two straight years.  How many players on our roster next year will even have played in a playoff game?
First year head coach. 

It's not going to happen. 

it will be nice going into a season without SB expectations. makes losing that much easier. 

Several young Packers hit the thresholds for a bump in salary based on the "performance escalators" clause added to the 2011 CBA

Fackrell, Martinez, A. Morrison and D. Lowery all get a real nice bump in salary. (Increased cap hit too)

Instead of earning $720,000 in base salary next season, the four will make $2,025,000, equaling the amount of the lowest restricted free agent tender. The raise affects only the base salary, but it also increases each player’s cap hit, although the money isn’t guaranteed.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, Outpost31 said:

No, this one I'm being completely serious, and I'm not trying some reverse jinx here. 

Zero playoff experience for two straight years.  How many players on our roster next year will even have played in a playoff game?
First year head coach. 

It's not going to happen. 

How many on the eagles had significant playoffs experience last year? Perhaps more than us, but not really the key players from my memory. In Doug Peterson's 2nd year. Prior to that he had a rookie QB and once their roster was bolstered they were much better. 

Obviously not easy to do and not too many young teams with new coaches do great, but you never know.

Edited by Arthur Penske

It doesn't look like Cole Madison is coming back any time soon.  He apparently is not showing any desire to return to football, and is still dealing with the loss of his good friend Tyler Hilinski, and Hilinski's CTE diagnosis.  The link below is to Michael Cohen's story on the issue.  Packers are apparently are moving forward and don't expect him back any time soon.  The Packers have paid Madison over 300k in bonus money, but have not as of yet tried to recoup that money.

https://theathletic.com/804779/2019/02/11/sources-tragic-death-of-former-teammate-keeps-cole-madison-away-from-packers/#_=_

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It doesn't look like Cole Madison is coming back any time soon.  He apparently is not showing any desire to return to football, and is still dealing with the loss of his good friend Tyler Hilinski, and Hilinski's CTE diagnosis.  The link below is to Michael Cohen's story on the issue.  Packers are apparently are moving forward and don't expect him back any time soon.  The Packers have paid Madison over 300k in bonus money, but have not as of yet tried to recoup that money.

https://theathletic.com/804779/2019/02/11/sources-tragic-death-of-former-teammate-keeps-cole-madison-away-from-packers/#_=_

Hmm that’s too bad. seems to prove what many assumed.

although Gutey had previously said he expected him back. Apparently that may not be the case. 

"Packers offensive lineman Cole Madison has been away from the team since the conclusion of the offseason program in June. His absence has been shrouded in mystery, and now a return to football seems uncertain.

Instead, the Packers are navigating the offseason with an understanding that Madison won’t be part of their plans — at least not right now. They have to move forward without him unless Madison expresses a desire to return.

“If that happens, it’s great,” Gutekunst told The Athletic Wisconsin. “And if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Edited by Fl0nkerton
I got in twouble
  • Like 2

I doubt GB woud try to recoup any money from Madison. Teams usually don’t as long as the player seemed to be acting in good faith at the time of the deal. It’s pennies in the bucket from the team’s standpoint and it’s a pretty bad look to ask for guaranteed money back from a guy dealing with the death of his close friend. 

You think Edelman a HOF?

Kruse: Sterling Sharpe caught more TD passes in 3 years with Brett Favre (1992-94) than Julian Edelman has his entire career, playoffs included.

Add on Edit: Also, Sharpe played in two playoff games. Caught 4 TDs. Edelman has 5. In 18 games.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

The REAL reason the Packers fired MM ?

The Detroit Lions are one of five teams across the NFL that can be compelled to appear on the annual HBO training camp series due to the fact:
*They haven’t done the show in the last 10 years
*Haven’t been to the playoffs in the last two years
*Don’t have a new head coach.

Had the Packers not hired a new HC, they'd have been a candidate to be forced to do that dumbass show.
No pressure... but MLF better turn this thing around pronto

• Like 1

Hey, I know we have discussed before, but just wondered if anything has changed.  Antonio Brown has asked for a trade.  I would offer a 2019 4th rd pick and a conditional 2020 3rd rd pick.  His salary would be just under $13m for 2019, $11.5m 2020 and $12.5m for 2021 from what I read and no guaranteed money.  I say kick the fricken tires!!!