Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Easy to see why you'd be excited about Turner in shorts. The guy's not missing a damn thing on paper and certainly looks the part!

I think you’re young but I’d still like to thank you for not calling him a kid.

imo shouldn’t call someone a kid until you’re like 65

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think you’re young but I’d still like to thank you for not calling him a kid.

imo shouldn’t call someone a kid until you’re like 65

Thank you for noticing this by the way. This has been something I'm trying to avoid doing and have been for a while. I'll fully admit to still using "kids" when I'm talking about a group of younger players, and I should stop doing that as well.

I'll be honest, it kinda rubs me the wrong way even when a guy like Tramon does it (though I think it's in no way said maliciously). It seems like it gives off this vibe of superiority and I think it's starting to bother some of the younger guys (or of the younger generation to phrase it differently). It implies they're not as valid of players or teammates until they've been in the league for a few years and I think that's absolute bull**** with the direction the league is going. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Thank you for noticing this by the way. This has been something I'm trying to avoid doing and have been for a while. I'll fully admit to still using "kids" when I'm talking about a group of younger players, and I should stop doing that as well.

I'll be honest, it kinda rubs me the wrong way even when a guy like Tramon does it (though I think it's in no way said maliciously). It seems like it gives off this vibe of superiority and I think it's starting to bother some of the younger guys (or of the younger generation to phrase it differently). It implies they're not as valid of players or teammates until they've been in the league for a few years and I think that's absolute bull**** with the direction the league is going. 

I’ve been preaching this for years also.  These are grown men - not boys or kids!  Thank you, and Arthur.

Seems like there is a push to get Daniels out of town .. that would be a huge mistake.  The guy was a pro bowl player in 2017, and then had a down 2018.  He can easily rebound into being a top player for the Packers again.  These stories keep pointing out his age .. gasp ... he's 30!  Obviously has to be on the downside of his career.  I'm sick of this offseason!

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/05/22/packers-morning-buzz-mike-daniels-decision-veteran-wr-top-do-list/3745699002/

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

So...should we post an over/under for how long it takes Dunne or McGinn write about how Rodgers hates the backup linemen? 

He went on to say how hes very excited about the depth on the line and named everyone down to Light. Then reiterated its very nice having Billy in there.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

From PackersNews

Moving into 2019 it seems like the fullback — and perhaps Vitale — will have an opening for a greater role in LaFleur’s offense.

As soon as I heard that (LaFleur was hired) and saw the background and everything like that, I just knew there was a lot of opportunity out on the table,” Vitale said. “Not only just for me but for tight ends as well. Just anybody who is looking to get more reps, you have that opportunity to do that in this offense because they like to use a lot of different personnel groups and get a lot of different mismatches from different spots.”

From PackersNews: J'Mon Moore

“I feel like a fresh start to something that I’m familiar with,” Moore said. “But just a new beginning. I’ve got a year under my belt so I know what to expect with what the expectations are, but it’s a fresh start, clean slate. It’s a clean slate for everybody, which is the best feeling. Especially for me. It’s just another opportunity. A lot of people don’t get that.”

LaFleur said during the Packers’ rookie minicamp that young receivers need to learn the formations first, and then the route concepts within them — giving them the chance to be deployed anywhere along the line of scrimmage. It’s a system Moore feels he’s capable of pinning down.

58 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Good Grief! Scary dude

24 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The Packers are gonna look scary getting off the bus this season for sure.

I can't find him scary with the way he dresses. If only he wore shirts that didn’t fit and bedazzled jeans like Jordy

Edited by Arthur Penske