Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Not that I want the poetry of your satire to be lost, but the swear filter once took out a verb leaving us no idea which curse word reasonably fit. I think the OP rescued us by revealing that the word was sn*tch, resulting in Incog overgeneralizing and replacing every ***** he encountered with “sn*tch” for a while.

My favorite example of filter overzealousness is being unable to reference **** Vermeil or **** Butkus by name. 

This could be the first entry for the "Packers FF Lore" Wikipedia entry tbh.

35 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Id run through a wall for coach. Lets gooo

Is it just me or does the beard soften that angry visage? Typically his eyes bore through you like a planetary drill from a Klingon mining vessel. Viewing him in this meeting, words like reflective, professorial, or not a freaking maniac come to mind. I hope Kyler Fackrell is the only edge he’s lost. 

• Like 1

And for the record, I believe every single Packer rookie is bound to have a Hall of Fame career.  I just say they won’t do **** because if I say it they will.  We signed Garvin.  He will be the next player to have a 4 sack preseason game and stay on practice squad for two years, then make the 55, then get cut and sign for the Dolphins and have a 4 sack season.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And for the record, I believe every single Packer rookie is bound to have a Hall of Fame career.  I just say they won’t do **** because if I say it they will.  We signed Garvin.  He will be the next player to have a 4 sack preseason game and stay on practice squad for two years, then make the 55, then get cut and sign for the Dolphins and have a 4 sack season.

And then I'll be there to point out his CAV score makes him a great pick when people call him a bust ha

On 4/30/2020 at 9:02 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think things are as dire as he makes it out to be. I think this is still a 10-6 team.

"This is a 10-6 team" gets two reactions - either you're wildly disrespecting the franchise by suggesting their 13-3 record this season might've been due to some luck OR you're a wild optimist because they'll go 0-16 and not score a point. 

No one does manic/depressive like the GB fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And then I'll be there to point out his CAV score makes him a great pick when people call him a bust ha

I don't want to be the guy lined up across Z this year. This is a joke...

Z only led the league last year in interior pressure rate, was 2nd in overall pressure rate, led the league in pressures and was one of the most double-teamed EDGE players in the league. Guy should have been the defensive player of the year last year as well as an All-Pro. 

Can you say...

Packers linebacker Za'Darius Smith no longer 'snubbed' - al.com