Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Safety Will Redmond has filed an injury grievance against the Green Bay Packers after being released from the team while on the Reserve/Injured list exactly 2 months ago. He is seeking pay for the last 7 weeks of the season. 40% of the grievance amount hits the 2021 salary cap.

PackersWire -  It was a picture of what Love can do well, amplified by what it will take from those around him to be successful. Bootlegs and dump-offs, taking what’s there to open up grass for some plays that can be mobile if needed. 

After back-to-back touchdown drives, however, the next two drives effectively closed out the game for the Lions and gave Love tape from which to work this offseason. He had a ball get tipped at the line and then bounce out of Amari Rodgers arms. Then there was the Walker interception with less than a minute to play. In the midst of those two possessions though, receiver Allen Lazard pulled Love aside to deliver a message: Own the moment, no matter what. 

“I told him right before he made that second-to-last drive, I was just like ‘go own that huddle. Go install some confidence and some positive energy into those guys. Make it be well known that you guys are going to finish the drive off with a touchdown,’” Lazard said.

That drive didn’t end with a touchdown, but Love’s response in a game that mattered only to the Lions' draft order was encouraging to his teammates. 

“To see the way that he’s able to play and to see him be able to kind of control the game the last quarter or so ... obviously didn’t end the way we wanted it to but mistakes happen all the time and just because it happened at the end it’s gonna be pointed out a little bit more, but I thought he did a great job,” Lazard said. “He’s been steadily growing  this entire year and obviously his snaps with Aaron being up and everything but he’s grown tremendously throughout practice week in and week so I’m very proud of him."

This is not yet Love’s team and Rodgers won’t always be on the headset, or for that matter, in the room to help him along. So in the meantime, Rodgers is working on loosening up his protege to better handle not only days like Sunday in Detroit, but the future of this franchise. 

“I’ve seen Jordan’s personality continue to come out as he settles into the NFL and professional life,” Rodgers said. “It’s been a lot of fun, he’s a great kid, he really is. He cares about, he works his butt off, he asks good questions and he’s got a great, wry sense of humor. He’s a quiet kid, but I respect that, I was a quiet kid as a young player, too. I really enjoy his personality, I enjoy his friendship. We have a lot of fun together and I’m proud of the way he played today.” 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -    Most TD catches in the NFL over the final five regular season games:

1. Davante Adams: 6
T-2. Allen Lazard: 5

I think the Packers have found the WR2 everyone has wanted.

All of those Tonyan tds had to go somewhere. Allen plays as close to a TE as you can get for a WR while Bobby plays close to a WR as a TE. 

https://theathletic.com/3065075/2022/01/12/three-reasons-packers-can-win-super-bowl-and-2-why-they-might-not/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

For-pay Athletic article.  Not sure this has been posted already, but I found the following paragraph very interesting,  Not quite sure what exactly that's actually trying to measure, but I think it perhaps speaks to how for Dillon, while he doesn't have really long runs, he gets somewhat positive yardage pretty consistently.  

TruMedia has a stat called offensive rush success percentage, an EPA-based statistic that measures the “successful play rate on rush attempts.” Considering only players who ran the ball at least 100 times this season, three teams featured two running backs in the top 15: the Patriots, Cardinals and Packers. AJ Dillon ranked first in the NFL among that group with a 48.7 percent offensive rush success percentage on 187 carries this season. Aaron Jones ranked 14th at 42.1 percent.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Safety Will Redmond has filed an injury grievance against the Green Bay Packers after being released from the team while on the Reserve/Injured list exactly 2 months ago. He is seeking pay for the last 7 weeks of the season. 40% of the grievance amount hits the 2021 salary cap.

This seems like an odd grievance since Redmond has been playing for the Colts since his release. 

19 hours ago, Leader said:

PackersWire 

“I’ve seen Jordan’s personality continue to come out as he settles into the NFL and professional life,” Rodgers said. “It’s been a lot of fun, he’s a great kid, he really is. He cares about, he works his butt off, he asks good questions and he’s got a great, wry sense of humor. He’s a quiet kid, but I respect that, I was a quiet kid as a young player, too. I really enjoy his personality, I enjoy his friendship. We have a lot of fun together and I’m proud of the way he played today.” 

I kind of liked seeing that hand wave he gave the defender as he ran in the 2-pt conversion.  That's the first bit of attitude I recall seeing from the kid.

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

All of those Tonyan tds had to go somewhere. Allen plays as close to a TE as you can get for a WR while Bobby plays close to a WR as a TE. 

Really like Lazard he's got nice strong hands.  Good possession type receiver.  Hope we can bring MVS back next season too.  So #2 and #3.  We'll need a #1 unless Adams plays under the tag.  Think it's more likely we tag and trade Adams.  More concerned about a #1.  Takes awhile to develop those guys might have to look into FA to find one.  Robinson would look real good if we can't hang on to Adams. Of course he'd be expensive too but not as much as Tae.

46 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Really like Lazard he's got nice strong hands.  Good possession type receiver.  Hope we can bring MVS back next season too.  So #2 and #3.  We'll need a #1 unless Adams plays under the tag.  Think it's more likely we tag and trade Adams.  More concerned about a #1.  Takes awhile to develop those guys might have to look into FA to find one.  Robinson would look real good if we can't hang on to Adams. Of course he'd be expensive too but not as much as Tae.

Dont worry about the #1 WR. With the haul of draft picks we'll be picking up from trading Rodgers.....we'll have the pick of the litter  :)