Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Campbell being All Pro is awesome.

Adams getting a second 1st team puts him in a pretty special category.

That's as many as Julio, Cris Carter and Steve Smith have, and more than Fitzgerald/Wayne/Irvin. 

Edited by Bullet Club

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else find it laughable that Trevon Diggs got 33 votes (most of any CB)? Has anyone watched him play? If he doesn't get an INT, he's literally one of the worst starting CBs in the league. Guy is toast every other play. 

Have to believe that had Rasul played the full season in GB, and played the first half the way he did the second half, he would have gotten some All Pro votes. 

I mean, INTs are a sexy stat.

31 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Who knows - just win this year and most folks will be satisfied regardless of what happens.

I see a lot of this recently but win it all and watch these same people completely change the narrative. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, R T said:

I see a lot of this recently but win it all and watch these same people completely change the narrative. 

My ******* man.

Exactly. They act like they would be happy with a win and a drop off, but it's horse ****. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

My ******* man.

Exactly. They act like they would be happy with a win and a drop off, but it's horse ****. 

Fully depends on whose decision it is. I can live with Rodgers wanting to walk away as a winner. I don't think he would but if he retires after we win this year, I can't think of a better way from him to go. Conversely, if we win the SB and Gute goes Jerry Krause and says "yea, I'm still rolling with JLo," then yea, you burn down his house. At that point, if 12 wants to come back after being the reigning two-time MVP, two-time first team All-Pro, SB MVP and SB Champion, you give the guy literally whatever he wants and say thank you. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 hour ago, craig said:

By the way, a common narrative is that the salary cap is so bad and the Packers have been so all-in, that *IF* Rodgers did come back, that the team would fall apart and have no chance.  I'm not sure I believe that's actually true.  This year they got the bye, despite losing Jaire, Jenkins, Z, Bakhti, Tonyan.  There are still a lot of good players on this team.  If they came back without Adams, but otherwise with a full stronger o-line, I think Rodgers and MLF would still have a very plausible pathway to an excellent division-winning offense.  

Defense could be harder, assuming you'd lose all four of Z, King, Rasul, and Campbell.  But who knows, maybe they'd find a way to retain Campbell; Jaire could replace Rasul; and they won 13 games without Z anyway.  

So I'm not convinced that *if* you were able to hypothetically bring Rodgers back, that the cap-necessitated absences would be any worse than the Z-Bakhti-Jaire-Jenkins ansences of this year.  I think they might still be very competitive... *IF* Rodgers came back.  

You forgot another big one.  Preston Smith.  We won't be able to afford him either.  And that kind of telegraphs what we need to do with our draft picks.

I agree with the bolded.  Keeping Adams is a fantasy, as far as I can tell.  The OL should be good.  The RBs are good.  Rodgers is good.  The question is, can we get production out of what will probably be bargain-bin WRs and TEs?  Do we keep all 4 RBs, knowing that Jones and Hill will be playing some "WR" snaps?

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I agree with the bolded.  Keeping Adams is a fantasy, as far as I can tell.  The OL should be good.  The RBs are good.  Rodgers is good. 

Rodgers is hitting the wall next year. Guaranteed.
So - sell high and buy high with the draft picks we secure :)
(Btw....before anybody gets all bent outta shape....I'm kidding)

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Campbell being All Pro is awesome.

Adams getting a second 1st team puts him in a pretty special category.

That's as many as Julio, Cris Carter and Steve Smith have, and more than Fitzgerald/Wayne/Irvin. 

Yes it sure is.  Downside is his price tag just went up.  Be a shame to lose him.

9 hours ago, packfanfb said:

That's why I knew he was a lock for the Pro Bowl because Pro Bowl voting is stupid. Didn't expect him to get 1st team All Pro. 

Double digit interceptions in a season is a rare thing. I'm pretty sure Champ Bailey was the last guy to do it but I might be wrong.