Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Dont worry about the #1 WR. With the haul of draft picks we'll be picking up from trading Rodgers.....we'll have the pick of the litter  :)

That would be great but doesn't do any good without a legit QB.  Shame about Jameson Williams. He might be within our reach now.  Have to redshirt him for a season tho.   Wonder how far the kid will fall.  Still think some team may end up taking him in the first round. 

Rob Demovsky -   Packers run block win rates, via ESPNStatsInfo:

T: Y. Nijman: 78.7% - 6th among Ts
T: E. Jenkins: 78.2% - 9th
T: B. Turner: 76% - 18th

Centers: L. Patrick: 72.3% - 9th among Cs
Centers: J. Myers: 69.2% - T17th

G: J. Runyan: 70.9% - 33rd among Gs
G: R. Newman: 70% - 41st

• Peter Bukowski -   Good stats here from Rob Demovsky. ESPN's numbers have traditionally overrated Billy Turner a touch (he's still been a very good RT) and are underrating Jon Runyan Jr. Unfortunately, they nailed Royce Newman, which is why he's probably not starting in the playoffs.

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

^do you know if that stat is combining right and left guards?  Because the worst starter in that case would be 64th.  Making Newman our weak link, but serviceable. Just a thought.

Has Runyan ever played RG? I thought Newman's held that position until last week.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has Runyan ever played RG? I thought Newman's held that position until last week.

This season Runyan has been LG all 17.  I want to say that Runyan played some RG last season, but I could be wrong.  I know both Patrick and Jenkins played center, so I think that Runyan would have been the RG when Patrick moved over, but I am not positive about that.

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This season Runyan has been LG all 17.  I want to say that Runyan played some RG last season, but I could be wrong.  I know both Patrick and Jenkins played center, so I think that Runyan would have been the RG when Patrick moved over, but I am not positive about that.

Well thank you for that clarity....come back again soon :)

Peter Bukowski -    Rasul Douglas is 6th in Points Saved among CBs in only 11 games with 9 starts.

He's saved 3.36 points per game played.

The No. 1 CB A.J. Terrell saved 3 points per game.

So on a per-game basis, Rasul Douglas was basically the most valuable CB in the league.

///

Not sure how they came up with these stats......but there, you have it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Mercilus's return is a genuine surprise.  Has anybody checked to see if Jenkins grew a new ACL?

Who would be the bigger asset for the playoffs if you could magically heal one ACL, Jenkins or Tonyan? Jenkins is the better player but I also think we're better equipped on the OL to absorb his loss over Tonyan...

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Who would be the bigger asset for the playoffs if you could magically heal one ACL, Jenkins or Tonyan? Jenkins is the better player but I also think we're better equipped on the OL to absorb his loss over Tonyan...

Jenkins

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Mercilus's return is a genuine surprise.  Has anybody checked to see if Jenkins grew a new ACL?

Total surprise .. Keke also returned to practice today.  Healthy times in GB!  Doubtful on Jenkins, but they do reportedly have a new ACL procedure which can cut the time in half.

• Like 2