Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Meanwhile Stokes can play literally anything.  I wasn't exactly down on him coming out, but he's still maybe my biggest miss in the last few years.  Whoo boy is he a real one.  Legitimately sticky in man, but has the size/speed combo to play vertical or flat in a zone and be a problem.  If he could just play the ball he'd be Superman.

Good read as always @MrBobGray.  Stokes was better as a rookie then I anticipated.  I thought he was going to be had by veteran QBs and WRs.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming my math is correct:

2022: $1.5M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $3.3M cap hit
2023: $5.2M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $7M cap hit
2024: $9M base salary, $1.77M signing bonus = $10.77M cap hit

That's a pretty good deal for Green Bay.  If Rasul Douglas continues what he did, the Packers get two very underpaid years and probably a third reasonable year.  If he's awful, they can move on and save a good amount of money.

If he balls out for a year or two, this kind of deal above is also easy to extend or re-work, right?

Like...turn base salary into a bonus and spread it out more, if via extension?

This seems like kind of a great contract so long as Douglas continues to play like he did last year.  If he does, he will be pretty underpaid.

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jack Settleman -  Sources tell me the Packers and Chiefs have inquired about DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett’s availability. Seattle is open to listening to offers for their star WRs but nothing is imminent.

Makes no sense to trade for DK… he is going to want to get paid too. Can see Lockett…

Just draft guys and tell Rodgers to throw to the open one.

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jack Settleman -  Sources tell me the Packers and Chiefs have inquired about DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett’s availability. Seattle is open to listening to offers for their star WRs but nothing is imminent.

Never heard of this guy. 

55 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Makes no sense to trade for DK… he is going to want to get paid too. Can see Lockett…

I'd rather see us use any picks to move up in the Draft so we don't miss out on another Jefferson.  Maybe one we like falls to 22 but that might be too late again.  I think we're in a good situation tho.

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

In general terms I'm more ok paying contract #2 than #3 especially for a WR.

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If he balls out for a year or two, this kind of deal above is also easy to extend or re-work, right?

Like...turn base salary into a bonus and spread it out more, if via extension?

This seems like kind of a great contract so long as Douglas continues to play like he did last year.  If he does, he will be pretty underpaid.

I'm not sure there's really any motivation to extend him.  If he continues to ball out, the Packers are getting him on a budget contract.  Let someone else overpay for downside of his career.

• Like 1

With MVS not getting a deal in KC and them now being reported to be looking to trade for Laviska Shenault, I wonder if we don't see him back with the Packers in the next day or two. I think it is the best thing for both sides. 

• Like 1