Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That'd be an insane jump for Fields.  I don't think the NFL has ever had a 4,000 yard passer and 1,000 yard runner at QB.  I really don't think Fields is going to be the first with a patchwork offensive line and those offensive weapons not named Darnell Mooney.  You're probably gonna need ~170 rushing attempts for Fields to hit 1000 yards rushing and ~400 completions.  Unless there's a HUGE jump in completion percentage, that's ~680 passing attempts.

This didn't need that much thought. A simple "Lol. No." would have sufficed lol

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Fixed.

I dunno, Detroit can always surprise you in a bad way and Minnesota is probably a Kirk Cousins extended absence away from a top 10 draft pick.

There's likely a three way race to the bottom of the division, and while the Bears are the favorite I'm not counting anybody out.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who is really out there that we could go get with the space?

Obviously Julio and Fuller.

Any Clowney love?

I'm not sure if I would take one of those, or simply roll the money into next year.

Based on Landry's deal we can get Fuller and Houston.

I wouldn't mind a quality third safety with special teams ability and experience in the slot, at the risk of sounding like a broken record.

39 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol. TAGNTRADEDOE

The Adams deal has ****ed some people up for life, they will spend the next 20 years wanting to tag and trade every good Packers player who hits free agency. Lol

• Like 2

Andy Herman -  Packers defensive investments this offseason:

Jaire Alexander extension
Quay Walker 1st round pick
Devonte Wyatt 1st round pick
De’Vondre Campbell re-signed
Rasul Douglas re-signed
Jarran Reed signed
Preston Smith extension
Kingsley Enagbare 5th rnd pick

Defense 1st in GB!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, R T said:

The Adams deal has ****ed some people up for life, they will spend the next 20 years wanting to tag and trade every good Packers player who hits free agency. Lol

Even though before it happened we would never ever do it and it's a bad look and it never happens (which the last part wasn't even true).

Matt Schneidman -  This wasn’t a Davante Adams OR Jaire Alexander thing. Packers could’ve afforded both. But if you’re choosing one to give a big payday to, a corner who can stop WRs like Adams are probably more valuable than WRs like that, as dominant as 17 is.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, packfanfb said:

Apparently Rico Gafford changed his number to 37 and is now a CB on the official roster.

I watched Gafford highlights the other day and his college DB tape was way better than his NFL WR tape. I have no idea why the Raiders decided to switch his position, there was zero evidence he was even a viable receiver. Wasted almost half of his career and now starting all over again at age 26.

I will look forward to see if he can beat out Jean-Charles for ST/Slot/Nickle/Dime duties. That 4.22 speed will be a big help. He does have one disadvantage though. He will have one of the shortest arm lengths for a Packers DB in the TT/Gute era.

With the Alexander extension and Gafford's position switch I wonder if we're primed to bring in a FA WR? It really does feel we're positioning ourselves for one.

Edited by Chili