Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I did see a lot of under thrown balls too that allowed defenders to catch back up to him, necessitating the jump balls.

He has potential and a golden opportunity to command a roster spot. Should be interesting to watch in training camp.

He will get a shot, and more than just on ST but if he can make his mark there he’s got a good chance at the 53. As said before, there is definitely a “Swerve” position availabie in this offense. We poached him from Seattle where he did show some glimpses in their preseason but was too inconsistent to keep on the roster.  They were hoping he could be a Lockett lite.  Maybe he puts it all together this year. 

Edited by Refugee

17 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Just found out about Parker White, K, South Carolina, whom is the lonely kicker on the roster. I think it's actually his job to lost because everyone in this draft class freaking stinks.

Jake Moody was meant to kick in Lambeau.

• Like 4

Also, Chad Ryland is an interesting one. Hit from 52 and 53 in the Big House vs Michigan last year. Big leg and he knows how to kick in the cold having played 4 years at Eastern Michigan. The rest of the class can kick rocks tho. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

jim mcmahon posted about the hit by charles martin in 86. holy cow i never saw that. wtf was that guys problem

Something along the lines of: "Let me see if I can break this human in two?"

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

jim mcmahon posted about the hit by charles martin in 86. holy cow i never saw that. wtf was that guys problem

Hit list!  Forrest Gregg was a piece of **** coach that had the players playing dirty.  His hatred for Ditka turned the Packers of that era into a joke.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Ken Stills late hit: 1985 - Packers vs Bears

The Ken Stills hit from the video was the first time I saw a GB player do something that was clearly way over the line. 

Then the next season, the Martin hit happened.  Gregg really was a POS coach who was fine with substituting dirty play for actual toughness.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Ken Stills hit from the video was the first time I saw a GB player do something that was clearly way over the line. 

Then the next season, the Martin hit happened.  Gregg really was a POS coach who was fine with substituting dirty play for actual toughness.

Sure looks strange to see DBs wearing the giant shoulder pads.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

What is lost with this hit is that the Packers actually played a hell of a game that day, played with several key players out that day and the '85 Bears needed a 4th quarter Payton TD run to get a 16-10 victory. Stills was signed that week and started because all the safeties on the team were out with injury. Mossy Cade who was a backup CB started at the other Safety spot across from Stills.  

30 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

that is insane. always knew those teams were bad but never realized that chapter was so dark.