Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Interesting story from Huber. I'm all for it, especially with the extra cap room we have. There's no logical reason to play around with a rookie, wildly inconsistent kicker when you have a team you believe is ready to contend. 

Keep Carlson around for TC and let him have the chance to prove he's ready to be the guy, but bring in a real, proven kicker to give him real competition. We are trying to build a championship team on offense and defense, the last thing we should be worried about is whether our kicker is going to miss another 10+ extra points this year and number of other critical kicks when it matters most. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting story from Huber. I'm all for it, especially with the extra cap room we have. There's no logical reason to play around with a rookie, wildly inconsistent kicker when you have a team you believe is a ready to contend. 

Keep Carlson around for TC and let him have the chance to prove he's ready to be the guy, but bring in a real, proven kicker to give him real competition. We are trying to build a championship team on offense and defense, the last thing we should be worried about is whether our kicker is going to miss another 10+ extra points this year and number of other critical kicks when it matters most. 

When the HC says he's gotta pray when Carlson takes the field.....you might need a kicking competition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

When the HC says he's gotta pray when Carlson takes the field.....you might need a kicking competition.

Yea and unfortunately, in the biggest moment of the season, the prayer didn't work. Still a decent chance we lose to SF even if we go up 7 there, but it's still a whole different ball game at that point. 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting story from Huber. I'm all for it, especially with the extra cap room we have. There's no logical reason to play around with a rookie, wildly inconsistent kicker when you have a team you believe is ready to contend. 

Yeah, for a team that has serious super bowl hopes they can't mess around with an inconsistent kicker.  Give him serious competition and may the best man win.  

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, for a team that has serious super bowl hopes they can't mess around with an inconsistent kicker.  Give him serious competition and may the best man win.  

It would be negligent not to. Hopefully the young kicker has been in the lab since the final whistle blew in SF and he comes in ready but he wasn’t ready this season. A few games we were chasing some of his missed XPs down by 4 instead of 3. I want a good kicker but definitely not one who misses the XP and 40 yarders.  He will get a chance but there won’t be a wide margin for error. Hope he crushes it and we never look back. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Eric Wilson is back via his IG.

I really like the move.  I view like backup IOL.  You want a guy who has started games in the league.  A guy that can get you out of a game and one that can spot start, if needed, while being a special teams guy.

I didn't realize that Wilson is 29 and has started, checks notes, 29 games in the league.  

Looks like he balled out in a contract year with Minnesota in 2020.  15 starts.  122 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 INT's.   And really, I had no clue.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Eric Wilson is back via his IG.

Coach Bissacia always gets his man. We know who’s running he show over there and it’s not the pencil necked analytics nerds who get their brows done.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Leader said:

That was said as a joke and later used by some report as a quote, that really pi$$ed off MLF. 

Bring in competition, but Cartson will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is there gonna be a FF meet up when the draft is in GB in 2025? lol

I am torn with the draft in GB.  Part of me really wants it to be a magnificent event and go off without a hitch for my home town.  The other part of me wants to see a possible, however unlikely, blizzard in April and ruin the entire thing, LOL!

As for attending, I am out.  I need the computer by my side to get more information immediately so I can prognosticate the next ten years of some kid's life before he even signs a contract.  I also question, where are attendees going to stay for this event? I imagine every hotel room in GB is booked, as well as Appleton.  Will there be people staying as far away as Milwaukee?