Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It's just a brief, short observation from somebody that knows football.  

Yeah I know just like 50-70 guys in this forum know football is all. Just peeves me off that the offense keeps getting well abused somewhat for only winning against the Bears on the road in the NFL opener. I would think the talking heads would note that or see the promise. To score the way they did and how they did was wonderful.

from Rob Demovsky via an article at PackersWire

The Packers had the following players in for tryouts today:

LB Joey Alfieri (Stanford).
WR Trinity Benson (East Central).
LB Gary Johnson (Texas).
TE Scott Orndoff (Pitt).
LB Gimel President (Illinois).
G Malcolm Pridgeon (Ohio State).
DT Cory Thomas…

“There’s a revolving door in this league, 2,000 jobs, so I understand there’s somebody out there that wants my job, there’s somebody out there looking to replace (me) right now, regardless of how many plays I make or what I do in this league. So I know every day I have to prove to myself and beat out that person in my mind, whoever that person is. Yeah, every (instant) I’m trying to prove it to myself that I’m good enough to be in this league, that I am supposed to be here.”

Tony Brown

"I want to be traded."

Josh Jones

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

“There’s a revolving door in this league, 2,000 jobs, so I understand there’s somebody out there that wants my job, there’s somebody out there looking to replace (me) right now, regardless of how many plays I make or what I do in this league. So I know every day I have to prove to myself and beat out that person in my mind, whoever that person is. Yeah, every (instant) I’m trying to prove it to myself that I’m good enough to be in this league, that I am supposed to be here.”

Tony Brown

"I want to be traded."

Josh Jones

Rodgers' comments a few weeks ago were the final piece I needed to fall completely in love with Brown.

“I love Tony. Tony is a really great part of the locker room. If there’s ever a time when you really need a little inspiration during the day, just look over at Tony because he’s probably doing something -- dancing, singing, rapping, listening to something, mixing it up with somebody. He’s just got a great personality and brings a great energy to our team. You really don’t have to get him wound up too much because when we’re out there, he’s hypercompetitive, and he’s played really well."

"I give Tony a lot of credit. I think he’s continued to improve his entire time being here. What a lot of people don’t see -- and I’m going to brag on Tony here for a little bit -- is when I’m leaving here some nights, Tony’s still working out. He’s still doing something back in the weight room or he’s watching something. He’s always working. This guy is in here early and he leaves late – legitimately -- not like hyperbole of what it means to be a certain type of player in this league. I can vouch that Tony is usually probably the first one in here and one of the last to leave.”

• Like 2

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Biggest mistake our FO made over the last 5 years was not making Cook a long-term Packer.

If not the biggest, one of them for sure. This gets lost in the wash because we have Graham, but this offense would be much more dynamic with Cook. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You get those every year. Sucks but the draft is a crapshoot. The Cook thing was obvious to all of us.

Jimmy Graham in 2018: 55 receptions, 636 receiving yards, and 2 TD receptions (89 targets)
Jared Cook in 2017: 54 receptions, 688 receiving yards, and 2 TD receptions (86 receptions)

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Rob Demovsky via an article at PackersWire

The Packers had the following players in for tryouts today:

LB Joey Alfieri (Stanford).
WR Trinity Benson (East Central).
LB Gary Johnson (Texas).
TE Scott Orndoff (Pitt).
LB Gimel President (Illinois).
G Malcolm Pridgeon (Ohio State).
DT Cory Thomas…

Did someone say Gary Johnson?

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jimmy Graham in 2018: 55 receptions, 636 receiving yards, and 2 TD receptions (89 targets)
Jared Cook in 2017: 54 receptions, 688 receiving yards, and 2 TD receptions (86 receptions)

Dude c'mon. 

Jimmy Graham - games played = 16 
Jared Cook - games played = 10

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jared Cook in 2018: 68 receptions, 896 yards, and 6 TDs.

Martellus Bennet in 2018: >$4M against the Packers salary cap ... for dumping on the organization while sitting at home and chomping edibles.

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

Dude c'mon. 

Graham had 16 games and dealt with a damn broken thumb for ten games in Aaron's worst season of football. 

This notion that Cook was somehow electric and Graham was trash is so false. 

Cook had 5 games under 20 yards receiving.  Graham had 4.  Three of which were with a ****ing broken thumb. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Dude c'mon. 

Packers record in the games Graham played: 6-9-1

Packers record in the games Cook played: 8-2

Aaron Rodgers in the games Graham played: 62% comp 25TD/2 INT (16 games)

Aaron Rodgers in the games Cook played: 67% comp 25 TD/1INT (10 games)

Packers PPG with Graham: 23.5

Packers PPG with Cook: 28.5

Just a bad comparison.