Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Fitz will be 1st ballot. Markt.

Forgot about Fitz

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Julio Jones well on his way

Maybe, but not as of today and that franchise could really be in a downward spiral. 

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Michael Thomas is well on his way, too.

Way to premature on Thomas.

Overall, I think sometimes people's HOF standards are waaaaay to low and think every elite player is for the HOF.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Forgot about Fitz

Maybe, but not as of today and that franchise could really be in a downward spiral. 

Way to premature on Thomas.

Overall, I think sometimes people's HOF standards are waaaaay to low and think every elite player is for the HOF.

+15000 yds and +85 TDs will get you in I'm pretty sure. Julio is getting close on yards but TDs are pretty low. If I were him I'd be looking at getting out of town though.

My thinking with Nuk is he survived the lean years in Houston and there should be some real fat to chew into coming up with a legit QB.  But I think that's about where a serious list ends at this time

Edited by HighCalebR

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

Thomas is definitely going to have to keep up his production over at least the next 4 seasons in order to touch HOF numbers.

He did this year with Bridgewater.

He's still just so young.  And in this NFL, I think he does.  He doesn't rely on speed.  He's physical, ala Fitz.  That ages well.

• Like 1

We're talking about guys who are on a path, not guys who are locks to get in (other than Fitz, who I agree is definitely in). All the guys mentioned in this thread are on clearer paths than Davante, which is to say they have the statistical benchmarks and accolades voters look for.

Davante unfortunately does not, and this season (unless we win the SB) won't help his case.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Way back in my fantasy football days my greatest pick was Isaac Bruce with my final pick his rookie year.  This is back when you actually had to do work and your only resource was the newspaper box scores or a 3 month old magazine. Back when men were men.

1999 was the first year i played. Forget the website but want to say it was sandlot or something? I drafted Kurt Warner and Stephen Davis and rolled to a championship as a 14 year old. I was hooked until a few years ago :)

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Peak Jordy and Peak Jennings were damn exceptional WRs. 

Saying Adams is only the beneficiary of being targeted a lot is foolish. Adams is a great WR.

Looking at what Adams did with Hundley should be evidence enough of how good Adams really is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donzo said:

Totally disagree with this.

Adams is definitively on a HOF path and he hasn't always had a HOF QB. In 2017 Mr Hudley was his QB the last ten games, who's an atrocious NFL QB. Adams, somehow, still put up excellent numbers those ten games. That stretch is what turned me in to s full Adams fan boy.

You think Adams is on the HOF path?  Torry Holt isn't in the HOF, he had 8 straight seasons with 1100+ yards including a high of 1696.  Adams has had exactly 1 season with 1000+ yards.   Unless Adams is going on some peak Randy Moss run for the next 7 + years there is 0 chance he makes the hall. 

• Like 1