Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Who would be your pick given the guys left on the board? Jones/Jefferson/Murray are all off the board.

Patrick Queen LB LSU
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Grant Delpit S LSU

If we have a big void at ILB at that point Queen would be the obvious choice.  

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Who would be your pick given the guys left on the board? Jones/Jefferson/Murray are all off the board.

Patrick Queen LB LSU
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Grant Delpit S LSU

I’m drinking the Mims Kool aid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Patrick Queen LB LSU
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Grant Delpit S LSU

Delpit. 

WR can be addressed later. Delpit gives us nuts versatility back there. 

that being said, there’s going to be more to pick from at 30 lol. This Bukowski dude clearly digs fanspeak. 

I dreamt last night that was Mims was the pick. It was exciting.

Seriously though, is it just me or are there a lot of guys that would be exciting at #30? I know a lot of people are down on WR or ILB in the 1st round, but those are positions that can come in and contribute right away. Between Murray, Queen, Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, Reagor, Shenault, Aiyuk, Delpit, McKinney, Winfield — there are just a lot of guys we could take at #30 and I would instantly be looking forward to seeing them in training camp.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If there's any program I want to be taking offensive line coaching talent from at the college level, it's Miami . . . Wait?

Yep, picked a real winner here. 

Barry spent one season in Coral Gables. He was responsible for a unit that gave up 51 sacks this past season. That ranked 128th out of 130 team at the FBS level.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Patrick Queen LB LSU
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
Tee Higgins WR Clemson
Grant Delpit S LSU

Delpit.  Playmaker.  Pettine would wet his pants.

Queen would be a need pick and you really can't head down that road.  Too many WRs that would help to take one this early.

• Like 1

Andy Herman -    Finished 4 games of Austin Hooper, he's a nice player, but man does he lack any dynamic or special trait. I cannot believe I'm about to say this, but give me Jimmy Graham @ 1 year - $8 million over Hooper at 4 years - $40+ million. Just not worth it. He’s not a matchup problem at all. He’s not a great run blocker. So... what is he? He’s a solid tight end that will get way overpaid.

• Like 1