GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

19-10 Falcons. 

The Falcons defense is flying and the run defense which was top 10 this season is being underrated after a bad outing vs the Rams. Im not really worried about Ajayi and co having a big game. What does scare me is the Eagles Dline which is just nasty and will keep this game close. I think ultimately the Falcons offense is capable of bigger plays which will swing the game in their favor. 

16 hours ago, BAConrad said:

People keep bringing up the Falcons Defense and how well its been playing. Deservedly so of course.  But i really think most are underrating our defense. Its better than Atlanta's. Our front four is just heads and shoulders above theirs and that is more important than any other part of a defense. Im most worried about Deion Jones tbh. If we lose, I think itll be in part because of him. Guys amazing.

Also, Schwartz is already familiar with the ATL offense. I know it was last year, but he and his defense held that offense to their worst game of 2016. And this was basically the exact same personnel on Atlantas offense except that they were playing at an elite, historic level at the time. Whereas this season, they do not scare me at all. Especially Matt Ryan. Its their defense thats carrying them. 

This game looks like it should be a low scoring game. Whoever wins will be the team that can get to the opposing QB (bc Foles and Ryan both will struggle if pressured a lot) and run the ball on offense.

We are really good at home. Falcons havent shown they can go on the road in January and win in the cold yet. People are vastly overlooking this Eagles team also. With Wentz, we would probably win 8/10 times..but with Foles Id say were about even on a neutral field. Except we are playing at our home field..

this has the makings of a huge trap game too. Foles is still an average QB mostly, yet people are treating us like we went from Wentz to Curtis Painter. FFS we are#1 seed home team underdogs to a 6 seeded dome team. And still basically all non Philly fans have penciled in the Falcons to win. So many people have been taking Atl in Vegas too. This has trap game written all over it. 

Barring some bizzarely incredible game from Ryan, I think we pull this one out 20-13.

predictions:

-Ajayi goes for 90 yards on 13 carries with a 40 yd TD run. Blount and Clement combine for 80 yards on 16 runs also. 

-Foles goes 14/24 for 170 yards and a tuddie to Alshon. The Atl corners have trouble covering Alshon and he comes up big more than once. 

-Our DL sacks Ryan 4 times. Graham being the MVP of the game with 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 FF and 5 hurries.

-Freeman and Coleman are held in check in the run game, but Freeman does catch 5 balls for 60 yards and their only score on a halfback screen

-Ryan is rattled all game long by our pass rush and goes 22/40 for 140 yards 1 TD and 1 INT

Our defense's ability to get pressure with just 4 guys aids our secondary a LOT and is what makes us so dangerous and hard to score on most times. This is going to be why we win IMO

The ability to get good pressure with 4 on the DL alone really helps and is the key IMO, it's how the Giants beat Brady both times in the SB. Good to see Graham rebound after the chip kelly debacle as well as knee injury. I was hoping the steelers would have drafted him if he was there. 

Can your OL control the line with the run game? 

Turnovers could be the difference here. There was a time when whoever won the TO battle won the playoff game, and this could be a throwback in that sense. Maybe even ST could win it. I expect a close game with many good plays. 

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

eagles are just giving up 9 points per game at home over their last 5 and have given up the fewest points at home over the past 2 years. But yeah sure they'll lose easy. 

The 2 years thing is legit, but the last 5 home games were Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos, 49ers pre Jimmy and Bears. 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Eagles are going to need a whole lot if this in order to Win.

9674462-brandon-graham-matt-ryan-nfl-atl

They will. They have more diversity in the pass rush game than the Rams did. 

That said, it also depends on if Foles can get them that breather or not too. I'm taking the latter though.

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

The ability to get good pressure with 4 on the DL alone really helps and is the key IMO, it's how the Giants beat Brady both times in the SB. Good to see Graham rebound after the chip kelly debacle as well as knee injury. I was hoping the steelers would have drafted him if he was there. 

Can your OL control the line with the run game? 

Turnovers could be the difference here. There was a time when whoever won the TO battle won the playoff game, and this could be a throwback in that sense. Maybe even ST could win it. I expect a close game with many good plays. 

The Dline should be platooned up and ready to go..There wont be a ton of plays without at least two of Cox, Jernigan, Graham, Long, Barnett or Curry in which will be a big difference from what ended up happening in the Rams game. With Levitre being out, if Cox & Jernigan dont get through, at the very least Ryan won't be able to step up in the pocket a lot.

They will probably have to resort to a lot of quick passes to open up the run.
But the lack of Philly O will let the Falcons stay balanced with their own offense.

Stefen Wisniewski is back this week at LG after being out a couple weeks. That should open up run lanes in the middle more.
A large part of our run game is getting the OL moving...it's going to be a pretty athletic defense versus some of the best OL athletes in the league in Kelce and Lane johnson.

Question is does doug come out running it down hill. I wouldn't be shocked to see Corey Clement finish the game with 65+ yards and 2 tds
Ajayi will likely break a couple.

The last few weeks the eagles tightened up the fumbling issue they had in the middle of the season and have woken up on special teams after looking asleep at the wheel all season.
They will cover well..any type of return isn't likely. I wouldn't be shocked if Barner does something dumb in Punt Return....but it wont be a lasting thing like the kid from the Rams

I picked the Falcons to upset the Rams, but I don't think they will be able to go up into the cold in Philadelphia and beat the #1 seed, even with Foles playing QB for them.  That Eagles D is nasty, and I think that they, along with the cold, will be enough to keep this game close.  Philadelphia (the #1 seed playing at home) shocks the world and pulls out the win 16-10.

23 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

eagles are just giving up 9 points per game at home over their last 5 and have given up the fewest points at home over the past 2 years. But yeah sure they'll lose easy. 

and those 5 teams were

Cowboys w/o zeke

niners w/o jimmy g

bears

broncos

cownoys

WHich one of those were supposed to be impressive?

Archived