GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

I mean, do Eagles fans really blame people for counting them out after Wentz got hurt? And even up until this point, this is by far Foles' best game since taking over for Wentz so it's not like he was lighting it up. Credit where its due, Doug kept these guys on point in a very diffcult situation where a lot of teams would have folded up shop and has his team in the SB in his second year. Loved Pederson when he was back up in GB behind Favre. Just always seemed like a down to earth dude and was always having fun on the sidelines with ole #4 from what my younger brain remembers so I'm very happy for him and his team for having this success. Blowing out Minnesota in the process was just icing. 

6 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

HahahahHahahahahahH

HAHAHAHAHhhHHHHHahHBhnajahahaga

(That's me laughing at how stupid your post is)

Yeah, this system is definitely one that is great for the QBs, but they have to make a lot of trust throws, throwing people open, and puts a TON of responsibility on the QB.

Foles ran it well this week, he had some bad weeks. Wentz ran this and was doing more difficult throws with regularity, and when plays broke down he was able to ad lib as well as anyone in the league.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I don't think many people thought we would even put up a fight. Do you deny that? 

That’s a stretch. I certainly thought you’d lose today but you always had a fair chance. You’re not here because people doubted you and it made your players play harder that’s all I’m saying. 

Just now, footlunder said:

Pederson’s system is amazing.  Really is.

Sure. So is Bill Belichick's. Matt Cassel played amazingly under him in 2008, does that make Tom Brady any less good than he's performed?

This is hyperbole of course, but it's a good matchup of coach and QB.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

38-7

This has to be one of the most embarrassing performances in NFL playoff history, right?

This is 2004 Colts-tier bad. But that team lost to the best Patriots team ever, not Nick Foles.

Much worse. Not only was the beat down on a different level, but the Eagles were 3.5 home underdogs.

Just now, Ketchup said:

I mean, do Eagles fans really blame people for counting them out after Wentz got hurt? And even up until this point, this is by far Foles' best game since taking over for Wentz so it's not like he was lighting it up. Credit where its due, Doug kept these guys on point in a very diffcult situation where a lot of teams would have folded up shop and has his team in the SB in his second year. Loved Pederson when he was back up in GB behind Favre. Just always seemed like a down to earth dude and was always having fun on the sidelines with ole #4 from what my younger brain remembers so I'm very happy for him and his team for having this success. Blowing out Minnesota in the process was just icing. 

No one is blaming. It just feels good when everyone doubts you and you find a way to come out on top not once but twice.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Much worse. Not only was the beat down on a different level, but the Eagles were -3.5 home underdogs.

"Nick Foles just decimated the #1 defense in the NFL 38-7 in the playoffs" doesn't even adequately summarize how bad of a beat down this was and how embarrassing it was for the Vikings.

Archived