NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody else feel like Kaepernick just accidentally sat down for the anthem because he was pouting about being benched and then pulled something out his butt to make it look like he wasn't just being a pouter? 

Have thought this since day 1 seeing his pics on the bench.

Your take on the DR hit from last night though is not great. Watched the hit WR is defenceless and doesn't duck his head. DR leads with the crown of his helmet right into the guys earhole. You suggested in another post that he was going or the ball. Nope not even close he was tough guying it. Ex packer there are lots of other good ones but this one is an Ex Packer likely for far more reasons then his sideline antics and immaturity. I would hope for a suspension.

If we all want to keep watching football something has to change that;s for sure. If these guys can't learn how to tackle moving forward we'll all be watching the other games. NO way this keeps going for long. Each game, each day there are what 1-2 concussions. It's not sustainable in today's world. Need to get these guys to stop hitting and start tackling.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't think Randall's hit was that bad.  It was full speed trying to make a play on the ball.  I think ex-Packer prejudice is at play here.  That play happens 3 times a week. 

This happens all the time and everyone always says, what the hell is the defender supposed to do?  Only because he is a Browns player and there was an incident at the game he gets pulled into this argument.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

This happens all the time and everyone always says, what the hell is the defender supposed to do?  Only because he is a Browns player and there was an incident at the game he gets pulled into this argument.

blaaaaahhhh....DR's hit was dirty as hell.  Earholed him.  The guy was bleeding out his ear I mean come on.  He got ejected so I guess the ref's agree.  Should be like college targeting rule and he should be suspended the following game.  Bet if the receiver was DA you would feel differently.  Chickencrap play by Randall that is exactly what the league it trying to prevent.  This argument "what is the defender supposed to do?"  doesn't hold weight when it comes to the hit DR laid on.  He could have tackled the guy without head hunting.   Please this shouldn't even be up for debate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

blaaaaahhhh....DR's hit was dirty as hell.  Earholed him.  The guy was bleeding out his ear I mean come on.  He got ejected so I guess the ref's agree.  Should be like college targeting rule and he should be suspended the following game.  Bet if the receiver was DA you would feel differently.  Chickencrap play by Randall that is exactly what the league it trying to prevent.  This argument "what is the defender supposed to do?"  doesn't hold weight when it comes to the hit DR laid on.  He could have tackled the guy without head hunting.   Please this shouldn't even be up for debate.

Could he have made the tackle without hitting him on the head, ofcourse.

The fact that he was bleeding from the ear doesn't mean DR meant to hurt him.  It was the result of a hit to the head, which the NFL wants to get rid of.  It doesn't necessarily mean the hit had intent behind it.  I'm not going to argue this point anymore, I have no idea what DR was thinking.  Also the ball was a bit overthrown and DJ leans forward for it a bit and DR doesn't look for the ball and all this leads into the hit.  It's hard to adjust at that speed.  I'm ok with the NFL suspending DR, they don't want any hits on WR's until they have caught the ball and most defenders don't understand that.  

I don't feel any different if this was DA being hit or DJ.  

1 hour ago, waterfish_21 said:

Could he have made the tackle without hitting him on the head, ofcourse.

The fact that he was bleeding from the ear doesn't mean DR meant to hurt him.  It was the result of a hit to the head, which the NFL wants to get rid of.  It doesn't necessarily mean the hit had intent behind it.  I'm not going to argue this point anymore, I have no idea what DR was thinking.  Also the ball was a bit overthrown and DJ leans forward for it a bit and DR doesn't look for the ball and all this leads into the hit.  It's hard to adjust at that speed.  I'm ok with the NFL suspending DR, they don't want any hits on WR's until they have caught the ball and most defenders don't understand that.  

I don't feel any different if this was DA being hit or DJ.  

Watch this and tell me he's going for the ball! The ball landed on the ground and he took 2 more steps before he made contact. This play is dirty as hell! 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Watch this and tell me he's going for the ball! The ball landed on the ground and he took 2 more steps before he made contact. This play is dirty as hell! 

Yeah that’s about as deliberate as it gets.  There was no attempt to make a normal tackle at all.  I don’t think there’s another way to look at this.

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

I never once said he was going for the ball, he wasn't even looking at the ball.  He was going for the player, a lot of defenders do that.  He went to a point and collided with the WR in the head.  The 2 steps happened in less than 1/2 a second.  If he goes wide the WR might catch a perfect thrown ball( which it wasn't) and turns inside and runs it in for a TD.  If DR goes low than he takes out legs of WR, not a penalty, but dirty if you ask me.  He aims for the body and catches the head, happens.

4 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

I never once said he was going for the ball, he wasn't even looking at the ball.  He was going for the player, a lot of defenders do that.  He went to a point and collided with the WR in the head.  The 2 steps happened in less than 1/2 a second.  If he goes wide the WR might catch a perfect thrown ball( which it wasn't) and turns inside and runs it in for a TD.  If DR goes low than he takes out legs of WR, not a penalty, but dirty if you ask me.  He aims for the body and catches the head, happens.

Come in safe and soft and the Minneapolis miracle happens. 

10 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Come in safe and soft and the Minneapolis miracle happens. 

Come in clean with a real tackle and both guys are in the next play and the WR still gets a solid lick on him. Total garbage lead with his crown. He didn’t even have his arms open for an attempt to tackle. The idiot is lucky he didn’t concuss himself to. 

Watching 1-2 guys per game get taken off the field from concussions due to poor tackling is getting brutal from this fans perspective. I wish the NFL would push the agenda of heads up tackling more. 

Edited by PACKRULE

22 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Come in clean with a real tackle and both guys are in the next play and the WR still gets a solid lick on him. Total garbage lead with his crown. He didn’t even have his arms open for an attempt to tackle. The idiot is lucky he didn’t concuss himself to. 

Watching 1-2 guys per game get taken off the field from concussions due to poor tackling is getting brutal from this fans perspective. I wish the NFL would push the agenda of heads up tackling more. 

More suspensions would clean it up in a hurry. 

• Like 1