NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Maybe he'll get the opportunity to call plays. Might improve his chances of getting a HC job. And probably wants to escape  Andy Reid's shadow. 

If Reid sees his shadow on Groundhogs' day, it means 6 straight weeks of KC barbecue for him and the Chiefs OL.  Lucky sob's 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

But why choose Washington? They couldn’t have been his only suited for this over the years for a gig like this and that place is a dumpster fire with no QB. I

I doubt WAS stands pat at QB, and they have talent on the rest of the roster.  The owner in WAS is bad. The roster is not.

I knew Bieniemy had interviewed for HC slots a lot, but I didn't realize how much

From The Ringer

Bieniemy has been interviewed for head-coaching jobs 16 times by 15 NFL franchises, according to USA Today’s data. (The Jets have interviewed him twice.)

Only three of the 16 coaches (Bruce Arians, Brandon Staley, and Zac Taylor) picked over Bieniemy since 2019 have made the playoffs, while seven (Adam Gase, Urban Meyer, Nathaniel Hackett, David Culley, Brian Flores, Joe Judge, and Matt Rhule) have been fired.

Damn, those are some ugly names on the list of fired HC's that were taken over him. 

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I doubt WAS stands pat at QB, and they have talent on the rest of the roster.  The owner in WAS is bad. The roster is not.

Probably so, but their options are limited at this point.  Given the sheer amount of turmoil with ownership, I'm not sure Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson are going to want to deal with that mess.  So that effectively leaves Jimmy G and Derek Carr as potential QBs.  Are either of them really big enough upgrades over Carson Wentz?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably so, but their options are limited at this point.  Given the sheer amount of turmoil with ownership, I'm not sure Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson are going to want to deal with that mess.  So that effectively leaves Jimmy G and Derek Carr as potential QBs.  Are either of them really big enough upgrades over Carson Wentz?

Yes, at least Carr is! Wentz is a slight upgrade to Ryan Leaf. 

Are they good enough to get Washington to the Super Bowl, no way. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I knew Bieniemy had interviewed for HC slots a lot, but I didn't realize how much

From The Ringer

Damn, those are some ugly names on the list of fired HC's that were taken over him. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/
Bar fights. DUI. Scandal at Colorado. Curious if he’s had any legal issues since 2001 we don’t know about because he should be a SLAM DUNK for a HC spot somewhere.

40 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/
Bar fights. DUI. Scandal at Colorado. Curious if he’s had any legal issues since 2001 we don’t know about because he should be a SLAM DUNK for a HC spot somewhere.

He is a guy that should never have a HC job anywhere, he is a proven seedy character.  

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Absolutely. Let's remember that Taylor Heineke was an upgrade over Wentz. With how weak the NFC is, Washington is in a prime position to do exactly what the Eagles did this year.

12 hours ago, Sandy said:

Absolutely. Let's remember that Taylor Heineke was an upgrade over Wentz. With how weak the NFC is, Washington is in a prime position to do exactly what the Eagles did this year.

Calling Heinicke an upgrade over Wentz is a stretch.  He was an "upgrade" in the sense that he was winning more games than Wentz.  The INTs really doomed Wentz.