NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Lamar is a proven winner. Fields is a proven runner who can't get through his progressions. 

Lamar is a proven winner until the playoffs where his 68.3 passer rating is an issue. At least this year an injury kept him out of the playoffs. 

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Chris Lammons and two other men have been indicted by a grand jury for allegedly assaulting a man at a Las Vegas nightclub in February 2022.

All four men were indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit battery and battery resulting in substantial bodily harm.

Kamara's attorneys, Drew Findling, David Z. Chesnoff and Richard A. Schonfeld, said in a statement Thursday that he intends to contest the charges.

"The State has avoided a contested preliminary hearing by indicting Mr. Kamara. He intends to vigorously fight the allegations at trial as he was defending himself and others at the time of the incident," the statement said.

The indictment means that the case will move from Las Vegas Justice Court to district court on March 2.

Does NFL wait for verdict on case before deciding on disciplinary action? Or do they take action before then under Personal Conduct Policy?

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Does NFL wait for verdict on case before deciding on disciplinary action? Or do they take action before then under Personal Conduct Policy?

Could be suspended with no set amount of time pending the process playing out

I think NFL has often let the legal process play out before issuing a suspension.  

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

Could be suspended with no set amount of time pending the process playing out

I think NFL has often let the legal process play out before issuing a suspension.  

Did Roethlisburger ever get charged with anything? And as far as I know, there was to criminal action against Deshaun Watson before he was suspended.  

5 hours ago, Green19 said:

Might be seeing the writing on the wall. Vikings are 23 million over the cap and save 12 million on the cap by cutting Z. He had half a sack over the last 7 games. He'll probably be on 1 year contracts the rest of his career.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Might be seeing the writing on the wall. Vikings are 23 million over the cap and save 12 million on the cap by cutting Z. He had half a sack over the last 7 games. He'll probably be on 1 year contracts the rest of his career.  

Oh yes he'll get cut.  Came out playing really well probably until his back starting acting up.  Then he disappeared.   To his credit he did finish out the season.  I doubt he'll get much once he's released.  Damaged goods.   I'll always like Z despite his falling out in GB. 

On 2/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Old Guy said:

Lamar is a proven winner. Fields is a proven runner who can't get through his progressions. 

Jackson has been in the league 5 years and has exactly 1 playoff win to his credit. 

He hasn't proven much of anything on the "winner" front, but has definitely proven himself to be a significant injury risk.

If I had the choice between paying Jackson elite QB1 money or taking my chances with Fields, I'm going with Fields.