NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Just my opinion but the NFL doesn’t mind some drama but this is well beyond that. Just my take on it. I feel AB and this crap makes the league look bad. 

Most of the issues here are between Brown and OAK.   The NFL/league itself has not had much to do with this beyond the helmet.  Even that, I think most were backing the NFL give the upgrades in equipment in light of the concussion and player safety angle.  

The one thing I will find interesting is if the NFLPA gets involved in this.  Does this open the door for teams to take similar routes to rid themselves of contracts due to player conduct?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm trying to think of the teams that might be willing to take the plunge.  AB to CLE on a 1 YR deal would be amazing. 

The talent is without much question when it comes to Brown.  Seems like the cost might be really manageable given how the events in OAK played out.  If a team can sign Brown for a relatively cheap/risk free contract, I am sure that there are a few teams that might take a chance, knowing that they could cut him if it went bad.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Because while watching teams implode like a dying star is amazing, I don't want to see it in Green Bay.

Thats cool....I respect that but think the fear of (or frequency of) teams that actually implode is wayyyyyyy less than people are thinking.

NE signs this guy? You wont hear a peep out of that organization. Dont even the sound of a firecracker.