NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No one labeled him as a villain come on. Everyone was talking about how Pittsburgh repressed his personality there and conformed him to the organization standards. 

I don't think this was Brown's plan all along. I think it started with the helmet, which was a true concern of his, and he didn't like how the organization treated him during the matter. 

There's definitely some personality issues there no doubt. He's another TO, AB loves him some AB, there's no doubt about that. He's not some dumb crazy guy though like he's being made out to be. Most of these guys are very aware of their brand, and what it takes to grow it. In 8 weeks if AB isn't playing football, no one's going to give a damn about AB, he knows this. Like I said, would not shock me at all if he's a model locker room guy in his next stop ala TO in Dallas or Moss in NE. If he stays there long term, he'll wear out his welcome for sure, but this year, I think whoever gets him is a smart team. Just my gut feeling.

I agree with this too. Too bad that simply cannot be GB. Not sure why that cant be GB, but apparently it cant. Oh well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Calling the GM racial slurs is a bad look.

Well sure, that's not enough for me to label an organization classless for signing him. You wouldn't want to hear mic'd up audio from guys on the field then. Brown's egotistical, arrogant and definitely has character flaws I'm just not buying he deserves the same kind of label we put on guys in the league that commit actions and not just words.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Not interested in getting another WR for a run first offense. We need another RB desperately. Did you see what Jamal W averaged against the Bears? 0 yards per carry. 0! He does not fit this offense. The offense went in the tank whenever Williams went in.

This isn't a run first offense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well sure, that's not enough for me to label an organization classless for signing him. You wouldn't want to hear mic'd up audio from guys on the field then. Brown's egotistical, arrogant and definitely has character flaws I'm just not buying he deserves the same kind of label we put on guys in the league that commit actions and not just words.

Mic'd up guys on field =\= what AB just did to Mayock 😂

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Calling the GM racial slurs is a bad look.

As a white person I can say this with confidence- there are no racial slurs which apply to white people in the way racial slurs apply to people who are not white.

A significant portion of the weight behind various slurs is that they reinforce systematic inequality and draw from a history of violence.  People with a complexion similar to mine were for the most part behind or at least benefiting from that inequality and violence.

Threatening your boss with physical violence is a much bigger deal.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think Brown is crazy, I think he's calculated. Always looking for a way to market and profit on himself. It would be no shock to me if he leaves, joins a contender with a vet QB and chases a ring and puts up numbers while we never hear a peep about him. All so he can market himself as this villain to hero storyline in the off-season, he can make Tshirts and be on TV shows and sell himself back on the FA market for big money to do it all over again.

What makes you believe this? Everything he does is to the contrary of believing he will just fall I. Line. 

Lots of guys saying he won’t cause an issue just cause BB would have him I just can’t see that. This is who the guy is now. He won’t suddenly stop and he won’t sign unless he gets it all guaranteed. Sure I may be wrong but I will take my chances he will have a tough time signing. 

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think Brown is crazy, I think he's calculated. Always looking for a way to market and profit on himself. It would be no shock to me if he leaves, joins a contender with a vet QB and chases a ring and puts up numbers while we never hear a peep about him. All so he can market himself as this villain to hero storyline in the off-season, he can make Tshirts and be on TV shows and sell himself back on the FA market for big money to do it all over again.

This reminds me so much on how some news anchors talk about a certain somebody🤣

This Isn’t AB playing 3-dimensional chess while everyone is playing checkers. This is a mentally unwell person self sabotaging. 

Hes getting NOWHERE near 30 million guaranteed money anymore. And anyone with a clue is most certainly telling him that.