NFL News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

All true.  It'll be fun to watch.

I have a feeling that Hoodie is going to win...again.  

I'm of the belief that Brown wanted to go to New England all along.  He gave Oakland a shot.  But he wanted to be a Patriot.  Best place to stick it to his old team/front office/coach.

We've seen a dance similar to that before.

Based on last night, I know only one game and Pittsburgh usually starts slow, his old team won't make the playoffs. 

I have to believe NE gets theirs and I think this could be the year. NO, I HOPE THIS IS THE YEAR, more realistically. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

He acts up they'll flush him. I see no downside for NE here. That lockerroom's had "characters" in it before that didnt burn things down. ABs not gonna be that guy IMO.

Yeah they don't care. BB doesn't mind taking risk with a lockerroom full of vets no big deal. If the kid is a turd they will put him. BB and the Pats use players they do not focus on keeping players and such they will dump you so fast. That is one of the things that does set them apart, they really do not care. They will trade away, cut or abuse players. That and BB does not need his guys like other GM's do he builds team after team from scraps as he doesn't care. Often enough his scraps are cheap too so it saves him money. Still hate them though they have a cake walk so the super bowl even without AB. Who in the AFC can stop them? KC maybe, Texans, Pitt  (yeah right ) Baltimore. Heck BB will eat most of those QB's. Here the Pats get another first round by. I hate the Fins, Bills and Jets even more for letting this happen year in and year out.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Saints arent a SB threat this year. Their defense is bad.

They dropped a stinker in week one and then won week 2 because of missed extra point or something. They will be there at the end. Other than the Patriots they play in the weakest division. Carolina is average, but Tampa and Atlanta are just bad. 

Edited by Golfman

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

They gave him 9 million guaranteed and you see no downside to it? They also cut two guys on their 53 to get under the cap, but no downside? 

Yep there is.  Read yesterday that AB was consulting on how to get out of Oak.  This was planned and he wanted to go to NE all along.  Thought he was just crazy but looks like a premeditated move.  We won't hear about any problems with AB out of NE that would be my bet.  Jerry Rice said he got played by AB.  We all got played.  Sucks for OAK...

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Yep there is.  Read yesterday that AB was consulting on how to get out of Oak.  This was planned and he wanted to go to NE all along.  Thought he was just crazy but looks like a premeditated move.  We won't hear about any problems with AB out of NE that would be my bet.  Jerry Rice said he got played by AB.  We all got played.  Sucks for OAK...

So if he's not crazy then he's just a real piece of human trash who uses people with no regard. Not sure which is worse, but that doesn't translate well in the locker room. Don't want to wish anybody an injury, but I wouldn't shed a tear he he suffered one.