NFL News & Notes

Leader

Cleveland is such a fricken mess.  Dorsey out hmmm...what happens to Elliot Wolf and Highsmith?  Grass isn't always greener. New coach ok that was necessary but Dorsey?  Honestly really didn't like their use of draft capital.  #1 and #4 walk away with Mayfield and Ward.  Drafting that high could have parlayed those picks into much much more.  So what do you do?  Wouldn't you have to hire a GM and then let him pick the coach?  Washington didn't but don't think that is the right way to go about it.  

I heard Highsmith has been working back to get into the athletic department at his alma mater Miami.

Wolf will probably get the hell out of there. I could see him coming back.

McCarthy probably declines to interview there now.

And just like that GB East is dead. Lasted about 6 months. Really thought they were finally going to get somewhere. The Kitchens hire sucked, but this is prototypical Browns. They'll suck forever I imagine.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I heard Highsmith has been working back to get into the athletic department at his alma mater Miami.

And just like that GB East is dead. Lasted about 6 months. Really thought they were finally going to get somewhere. The Kitchens hire sucked, but this is prototypical Browns. They'll suck forever I imagine.

I feel like it was an overreaction myself to fire these front office execs. Their problems were execution on the field (that is Freddie’s department), not talent acquisition & roster management. Dorsey & crew should have been retained for another chance with a decent coach. If anything, stability in the front office would have made them a more attractive destination for the better candidates. Cleveland stay f*xking up!

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This.

Obviously somebody will take that job, but you'd have to have a screw halfway loose to get mixed up with this organization.
You had the feeling they finally got the FO office part of the equation right.....or done. It was functional at least.....or seemed to be.
Be interested to learn the reasoning......and evaluating if it makes any sense cause (IMO) the timing of this can set the entire organization back.

How much longer will it take for OBJ to ask to be traded?

Wonder if they offer the GM post to Wolf (?) and if he'd take it. Could happen.........

Eliot Wolf will take the job.  He'll throw Dorsey under the bus.  Then the Wolf pup will hire MM.  Cleveland gets a wild card next year.

Then they never get higher than a wild card finish, in Cleveland that will be considered okay for about 5 years and it will all go to sh** again.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If my research is correct, and I think it is, only three first year head coaches have won the Super Bowl.  Swiftest, Mccafferty (sp) and Kubiak with the Broncos.  Although Kubiak had been a head coach before. 

Seifert and McCafferty were first year, first time HC. Gruden was a 1st year HC with Tampa when he won who you missed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If my research is correct, and I think it is, only three first year head coaches have won the Super Bowl.  Swiftest, Mccafferty (sp) and Kubiak with the Broncos.  Although Kubiak had been a head coach before. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Seifert and McCafferty were first year, first time HC. Gruden was a 1st year HC with Tampa when he won who you missed. 

Barry Switzer won with  DAL in the mid 90's after taking over for JJ