NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

This type of attention to detail must please the players a great deal.........

Adam Schefter -   X-rays during this week revealed that Jaguars’ QB Gardner Minshew II has multiple fractures and a strained ligament in his right thumb, sources told ESPN. Minshew has had discomfort in his thumb since Oct. 11 at Houston. Jaguars didn’t know about Minshew’s injury until this week

With only one win, their schedule looking like it does, and Mike Glennon as his back up I would be surprised if it wasn't Minshew who kept it from the team believing himself the best option to keep the team from being in a position to draft his replacement. The team would probably be more than happy to shut him down and it'll probably cost him his job. 

Edited by wgbeethree

16 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

With only one win, their schedule looking like it does, and Mike Glennon as his back up I would be surprised if it wasn't Minshew who kept it from the team believing himself the best option to keep the team from being in a position to draft his replacement. The team would probably be more than happy to shut him down and it'll probably cost him his job. 

Hopefully. Jacksonville stinks. Send the Mania to somewhere he'll be appreciated. I hear the Colts might need a new QB

42 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Could be...dont know what Minshew said or didnt say.....but he was complaining about "discomfort".....so a "Lets get an Xray" wouldnt have been difficult.

15 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Hope this helps cement the fact that the tunsil deal was not reasonable, and that bahk settles in around the same as stanley. Maybe even a hair more

32 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Hope this helps cement the fact that the tunsil deal was not reasonable, and that bahk settles in around the same as stanley. Maybe even a hair more

The money wasn't bad on Tunsil. The going rate for a top end LT is in the 20M range.

The trade was what was dumb. Giving up 2 firsts for a guy you have to pay 20M a year is dumb unless you have a load of cap space and or are really close. If you wait a bit they could have signed Bryan Bulaga for like 12M, had 6M to sign/resign someone else, and kept picks which are 2 good chances at players at 80% under market contracts.... Similar to the Mack trade and why I was against it, Mack was awesome, but if we swung that deal we wouldn't have Z, Amos, Savage, and Gary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

The money wasn't bad on Tunsil. The going rate for a top end LT is in the 20M range.

The trade was what was dumb. Giving up 2 firsts for a guy you have to pay 20M a year is dumb unless you have a load of cap space and or are really close. If you wait a bit they could have signed Bryan Bulaga for like 12M, had 6M to sign/resign someone else, and kept picks which are 2 good chances at players at 80% under market contracts.... Similar to the Mack trade and why I was against it, Mack was awesome, but if we swung that deal we wouldn't have Z, Amos, Savage, and Gary

i may be way wrong on this, but i just don't think of tunsil as a top end LT.  stanley on the other hand, i did consider a top 5 LT.  hoping we can get bahk back with a contract around the same as stanley.

30 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

A good spot @FinneasGage  

I was one who was all-in for resigning him at $10m pa, so although it is still too early for a final analysis, maybe letting him go was a good call after all.

Would have loved to keep him but when I saw what he got I was just fine with it. He’s tough as nails but this was the case far too much for us, even when he did play he was often hurt. 

• Like 1