NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

But isn't BB the GM as well in NE. So for them to less to work with, doesn't that fall a lot on him?

It does, but they have 28.5 mil in dead cap this year, 13.5 to TB.  He's saying they mortgaged the future for that success and are now paying the bills.  It's a a valid question why they have Brady still on the books for that much and AB for about 4.5 mil also but he does get a longer leash than most any coach not named Lombardi.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It does, but they have 28.5 mil in dead cap this year, 13.5 to TB.  He's saying they mortgaged the future for that success and are now paying the bills.  It's a a valid question why they have Brady still on the books for that much and AB for about 4.5 mil also but he does get a longer leash than most any coach not named Lombardi.

As a fan though, I'd be alright with that. I get to celebrate 6 SBs in less that a 20 year span. Being in the conference championship just about every year. Sounds like a decent trade off to me.

• Like 1

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

As a fan though, I'd be alright with that. I get to celebrate 6 SBs in less that a 20 year span. Being in the conference championship just about every year. Sounds like a decent trade off to me.

Definitely, any franchise would do it for less than half of that hardware.  That's deal with the devil level of success in the modern NFL.  And I'm not ruling that out as what actually happened with the Pats.

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I spoke with my liver and yah, I don't think we could survive that kind of success.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I spoke with my liver and yah, I don't think we could survive that kind of success.

But that would be joyus drinking, it doesn't count the same.  Stress drinking from losses count like dog years on the liver.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, on the transactions front...............

Adam Schefter -   Bucs’ HC Bruce Arians on Antonio Brown’s role Sunday night vs. Saints: “He’ll have his role – it could be 10 plays [or] it could be 35 plays. I wouldn’t anticipate 60 plays, for sure, but we’ll just see how it goes.”

New England acquired WR Isaiah Ford from Miami for a 7th round pick in 2022. I found a post-draft article that referred to Ford as the "steal of the 2017 draft:"

Isaiah Ford

FYI: The runner-up for "steal of the draft" was Chris Godwin.

Edited by JQ1

16 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

New England acquired WR Isaiah Ford from Miami for a 7th round pick in 2022. I found a post-draft article that referred to Ford as the "steal of the 2017 draft:"

Isaiah Ford

FYI: The runner-up for "steal of the draft" was Chris Godwin.

What happened last time New England acquired a WR in a trade from Miami?

Belichick is building up his third dynasty and I love to see it.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Meanwhile, on the transactions front...............

Adam Schefter -   Bucs’ HC Bruce Arians on Antonio Brown’s role Sunday night vs. Saints: “He’ll have his role – it could be 10 plays [or] it could be 35 plays. I wouldn’t anticipate 60 plays, for sure, but we’ll just see how it goes.”

So Brown will play football... thanks coach