NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Yeah that's true.  However, what is more "true" ... easier to get good offensive numbers playing crappier defenses like KC did than the defenses GB did.  What both qbs have done so far this year is quite amazing, I'm going with Rodgers in who they have had to play against. 

I'm not making a case against Rodgers. It was just a thought I've had since the trade deadline when everyone was clamoring for more targets and this seemed like the best place to put it

Edited by smetana34

On 12/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

But the "g" in lasagna isn't silent.  The letter combinations: "gn" and "gl" are sounds in Italian.  It just isn't a hard Germanic "g" sound that we are used to.  You are making the "gna" sound and don't even know it, if you are pronouncing "lasagna" correctly.  "Lasana" would sound a lot different than "Lasagna."  Whereas, a silent "k" in "knife" is the same as if the word were: "nife."

Also, I always, and I mean always, type "lasagne" and have to correct it when I type "lasagna." 

Definitely true that the “gn” in Italian produces the equivalent of “ñ” in Spanish or “nh” in Portuguese. The line was from a lyric by Lil Wayne who was breaking it down from the perspective of an English speaker. It’s about being clever and not deconstructing the etymology of the word. Whether or not one finds it clever is subjective but I gave Pat Mac credit for pulling the one liner out on the spot. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mike Garafolo -  Lions are planning to waive veteran WR Marvin Hall. Surprising, considering he’s only a few weeks removed from a 113-yard game. Detroit wants to give some of the younger guys a look. Hall could garner interest on waivers.

🤔 Guy would be fun. Pure speed, deep threat. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN Stats & Info -    This is the 4th time in Bill Belichick's head coaching career he won a game by 45+ points. That ties Tom Landry for the most such wins by a head coach in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966).

Wouldn't it be nice to get a 45-0 win with your QB going for 69 yards and 1 TD?