NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Refugee said:

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of consistent logic on it, even though we will now have Wednesday afternoon football. If the ish truly does hit the fan and some games are canceled, there is talk of having 8 team playoff brackets. If that’s the case, do we go back to top two with the bye, or no bye?  Hope we don’t have to find out but if COVID rates spike as predicted, it’s hard to believe they won’t in the NFL, as well. 

It is no bye, IIRC.  I hope that they don't have 16 teams in the playoffs.  I hate that half the league makes it.  Earn it.

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of consistent logic to it, even though we will now have Wednesday afternoon football. If the ish truly does hit the fan and some games are canceled, there is talk of having 8 team playoff brackets. If that’s the case, do we go back to top two with the bye, or no bye?  Hope we don’t have to find out but if COVID rates spike as predicted, it’s hard to believe they won’t in the NFL, as well. 

8 teams would mean no bye.

Giving any byes would disrupt subsequent rounds with odd number teams.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

8 teams would mean no bye.

Giving any byes would disrupt subsequent rounds with odd number teams.

WC: 1 seed bye, 2 seed bye, 3 v 8 (winner a), 4 v 7 (winner b), 5 v 6 (winner c)
Divisional round: 1 v 2 (winner d),  a v c (winner e), b gets bye
Next round: d v e (winner f), b gets another bye

f gets disqualified

Super Bowl: b vs b

• Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

WC: 1 seed bye, 2 seed bye, 3 v 8 (winner a), 4 v 7 (winner b), 5 v 6 (winner c)
Divisional round: 1 v 2 (winner d),  a v c (winner e), b gets bye
Next round: d v e (winner f), b gets another bye

f gets disqualified

Super Bowl: b vs b

Are we the 4 seed?  Then I'm OK with this.

8 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Are we the 4 seed?  Then I'm OK with this.

The NFCE is guaranteed 4th seed. If they do cut the season short, and I would really doubt it, I think it would be no bye which I would prefer to a Byzantine seeding structure. 

On 12/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   Most agree the Chiefs have either the best or one of the best collections of skill players in football. Those same people agree the Packers don't. Doesn't that matter in an MVP race if Mahomes and Rodgers are producing at roughly the same rate?

The Chiefs have played the easiest defensive schedule in football according to Football Outsiders.
Packers have played 7 of their 11 games against top half defenses. The Chiefs have played 2 such games.

Definitely not the deepest amount of weapons. But who's got a better duo of weapons than Adams and Jones? Minnesota with Thielen and Cook, maybe? Chiefs with Hill and Kelce, maybe? Saints do with Thomas and Kamara. Put those two with a very good offensive line and Rodgers has it pretty good. 

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Definitely not the deepest amount of weapons. But who's got a better duo of weapons than Adams and Jones? Minnesota with Thielen and Cook, maybe? Chiefs with Hill and Kelce, maybe? Saints do with Thomas and Kamara. Put those two with a very good offensive line and Rodgers has it pretty good. 

Yeah that's true.  However, what is more "true" ... easier to get good offensive numbers playing crappier defenses like KC did than the defenses GB did.  What both qbs have done so far this year is quite amazing, I'm going with Rodgers in who they have had to play against. 

But the "g" in lasagna isn't silent.  The letter combinations: "gn" and "gl" are sounds in Italian.  It just isn't a hard Germanic "g" sound that we are used to.  You are making the "gna" sound and don't even know it, if you are pronouncing "lasagna" correctly.  "Lasana" would sound a lot different than "Lasagna."  Whereas, a silent "k" in "knife" is the same as if the word were: "nife."

Also, I always, and I mean always, type "lasagne" and have to correct it when I type "lasagna." 

• Like 1

Mike Garafolo -   Initial tests on Steelers LB Bud Dupree indicate a torn ACL. Tests coming to confirm but the team expects him to be lost for the reason. Crushing for the team and Dupree, who is playing on the franchise tag and is slated to be a free agent.

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mike Garafolo -   Initial tests on Steelers LB Bud Dupree indicate a torn ACL. Tests coming to confirm but the team expects him to be lost for the reason. Crushing for the team and Dupree, who is playing on the franchise tag and is slated to be a free agent.

Wouldn't shock me if Clay is a Steeler by next week. Perfect scenario for him.