NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I dont remember there ever being a trophy for total wins & NFC championship appearances.  The argument was for how are the Packers superior to the Vikings when it comes to drafting, because someone wanted to say ohh well they gotta sign guys cause they dont keep anyone they draft. BUT we all know yall like to puff out your chest and google championships/HOF players because what happened 10-20 years ago is so relevant right now. 

Obviously im in the Packers forum, because i thought there could be a legit conversation about two contending teams. BUT i was wrong, which is only the fault of my own. It turns into "were superior" - "August champs" - "Troll" - "google my Super bowl wins 10 and 20 years ago" - "You cant say Jefferson is a core player because he's only played one year" - "you cant count 2nd round picks when making an argument that your GM is good at drafting" - "Thielen & Kendricks are old, but Adams next year at 30 is ELITE" - "Smith is old and way past his prime, after 3 straight elite years" - "No holes on this roster!" - "Talented OL? No way" 

Yet.... Im the troll? Packers fanbase lol. You either hate it or... Your a Packers fan. 

I never called you a troll.

I came here to point out facts as to why GB is superior to the Vikes.  Franchise stats.  I get why some (not necessarily you) may (key word, may), be jealous of GB.  And I get it.  Lots of history there, and a lot of recent history.

And despite it all, I think you have a very good roster and you had a great off-season.

As an observer of the Vikes, I think your o-line is a weak spot.  Outside of that?  Maybe the corners will solidify things?  But you are better there than you were last year.  Maybe your stars start to show some wear and tear due to age?  (Another key word, maybe.)  Maybe Hunter fixes the pass rush?

It's a nice team right now.  Gonna be fun to watch those games.

I never understood trolling through rival teams forums and getting pissy about what rival teams fans post lol. They can be funny to read through because fans are fans, but like what do you expect to see there? Are these forum superheroes who fly around saving everyone from takes that may not be scientifically nuanced because it's an actual rivalry between fans and teams? Thanks for the help in the packer sub!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I never understood trolling through rival teams forums and getting pissy about what rival teams fans post lol. They can be funny to read through because fans are fans, but like what do you expect to see there? Are these forum superheroes who fly around saving everyone from takes that may not be scientifically nuanced because it's an actual rivalry between fans and teams? Thanks for the help in the packer sub!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one

The other issue is even if you're trying to be civil someone flies off the handle too. 

I've laughed at a joke on other boards in like a rivals off topic and had people go nuts that I was in there lol

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

What dont you get? Im not trolling, sorry my comments hurt your feelings. I was simply defending what i think is a poor take about my team. I think they do draft well, at least on par with GB. So if i came in here trashing the team that was different, i didnt. I responded to a horrible take or two. If thats to harsh for you, then so be it. 

6 hours ago, coachbuns said:

What did you expect?  If a Packer fan came into your Viking forum with the same "stuff" you did ...  the outcome/reaction would be exactly the same.  No way you should be surprised ... at all.

No i expected a legit conversation, so yea im not surprised considering thats hard to come by in the GB forum. But id encourage any GB fan to come into the VIkings forum with a legit argument and discuss. Vikings fans (most) know our situation and know where we stand. The outcome/reaction 100% would not be the same. We dont bash other division teams for no reason because we want to feel better about ourselves. I can answer any question honestly. 

I think an argument of which front office has drafted better in the recent history is a legitimate one. I didnt say the Vikings were superior in all phases.

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I don’t really want an answer, but I just wonder if Vikings fans ever tire of doing this same thing every off-season? 

At least we Packers fans have the sense to know that we’re going to get into the playoffs and blow it in remarkable fashion. We don’t really pretend anything else is possible for us. 

You dont want an answer, but ill tell you that im tired of mediocrity and being middling. I personally think Rick is a good GM that has his flaws, one of which is finding a true franchise QB. The other has been successfully fixing the OL. But he's a good GM, the Vikings are competitive mostly every year & generally have a strong roster. I dont even pretend a SB championship is possible for US because its never happened, and right now i dont see the path with Cousins at QB. 

So i can defend the Vikings on certain aspects, but im very real on where they are as a team. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

😂😂😂😂😂 alright we done here Simpson. Go back to your Nuclear factory.

Yeah we sure are done here, because all you have is emojis & name calling to argue against my point. I didnt say anything that wasn't true. Nuclear factory? Man, you are a classy bunch. 

3 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

You dont want an answer, but ill tell you that im tired of mediocrity and being middling. I personally think Rick is a good GM that has his flaws, one of which is finding a true franchise QB. The other has been successfully fixing the OL. But he's a good GM, the Vikings are competitive mostly every year & generally have a strong roster. I dont even pretend a SB championship is possible for US because its never happened, and right now i dont see the path with Cousins at QB. 

So i can defend the Vikings on certain aspects, but im very real on where they are as a team. 

I think that’s fair. I was being a little tongue in cheek 😝

My honest opinion is they’ll compete for the North even if Rodgers is there. We probably squeak past you in the end, as usual. Minny will win it, if Rodgers is not there.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, Old Guy said:

Hunter - coming off a neck injury. Who knows how he plays, but if he's right he is a stud, no question. 

Smith is 32 years old, his prime is way past him. 

Thielen is 30 and seen better days

Kendricks is 29 and has played a lot of football with a lot of heavy contact. I'm not sure 'prime' fits him either.

Dantzler really didn't play that well last year, but dare to dream. 

As for your O-line, that is a whole lot of hope. You are HOPING the rookie LT holds up, unlikely. You are HOPING the rookie RG is the real deal. Not sure Cleveland has established himself and Bradbury has been OK at best and he was a 1st round pick. 

You still have major issues at the most important position, QB. 

I dont agree but ill give you Smith for arguments sake. But Thielen is 30 and seen better days? Who hasnt seen better days at 30? Adams will be 30 next year, but i bet you dont think he will be washed. Rigggght. 

Kendricks is in his prime, he just had two of his best seasons of his career. So until he drops off, i dont see how you can already declare that hes dropping off. Like it or not, he's in his prime. For how long? Idk. NFL stands for not for long, so any player could drop off. But LB's have played well in to their 30's before in several instances.

Dantzler graded out as one of the better CBs in the league in the 2nd half of last season. While he does need to stay healthy, he is already a good player. CB's usually dont perform well as rookie, but ones that do usually go on to have solid careers. Okudah had a worse season last year, but id bet you see every Lion fan calling him a building block. I bet you consider your 1st round corner this year to be a building block (i think thats fair). So why cant i argue that with Cam, after a very good showing as a rookie?

OL, your right that is alot of hope. But when you have endured Dozier & Samia , any new talented players are going to bring hope. Especially a LT whom most considered a top 15 pick & a RG whom some thought would be a 1st round pick after 2019. There's alot of proving to do there, for sure. But the talent is there and for the first time in years its heading in the right direction to at least be average in a year or two. I think thats fair. 

I 100% agree with you on the QB subject. No argument there. Mond has some potential, but i expect a 1st round QB in next years draft unless Kirk has an MVP type season OR Mond shows some stuff in practice. 

22 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

You aren't "middling".  If it weren't for Rodgers, you would have owned this division for years.

Without Cousins, you are the #3 team in the division for the last many years.

And at least your GM didn't draft Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes.

Still, your GM is the one who used a first round draft pick on a center.  That's a poor allocation of a first round pick.

At least he is active in free agency.

Seems to me like the Vikes do things to "chase" GB in the offseason.  GB doesn't do anything to chase the Vikes anymore (since Moss left).  Instead we tread water and hope that this will again be "our" year.  And we've been so close.  Kind of like Charlie Brown kicking a field goal with Lucy holding.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You aren't "middling".  If it weren't for Rodgers, you would have owned this division for years.

Without Cousins, you are the #3 team in the division for the last many years.

And at least your GM didn't draft Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes.

Still, your GM is the one who used a first round draft pick on a center.  That's a poor allocation of a first round pick.

At least he is active in free agency.

Seems to me like the Vikes do things to "chase" GB in the offseason.  GB doesn't do anything to chase the Vikes anymore (since Moss left).  Instead we tread water and hope that this will again be "our" year.  And we've been so close.  Kind of like Charlie Brown kicking a field goal with Lucy holding.....

That's fair. But the only thing id disagree on is Cousins. Depending on the alternate, i think we would have been in similar situations. Like say if Teddy never lost a leg OR if Bradford's knee's werent bad. AND with the extra money we would have had from not having Cousins, could have been spent somewhere else. As you mentioned, Rick is aggressive. That couldve been another 10+ APY player possibly, which for Zims defense could've made a different OR obviously another OL. 

As a NFCN rival, i can say my first thought every year is we gotta compete with the Packers. The Lions & Bears are an after thought, although i will say i like what the Bears did in trading up for Fields. He was my QB3 and i wanted MIN to get up there for him. 

3 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Ok, elaborate?

Dix first contract was very successful. Even if he fell off he had a better 1st 4 than 90% of drafted players. Cant really call that a bust. Elflein as a positive example on the flip side is really all i had to see.

You can like the Vikings depth players more than the Packers. I'm not going to argue that trivial ****. 

Have a day man.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Dix first contract was very successful. Even if he fell off he had a better 1st 4 than 90% of drafted players. Cant really call that a bust. Elflein as a positive example on the flip side is really all i had to see.

You can like the Vikings depth players more than the Packers. I'm not going to argue that trivial ****. 

Have a day man.

Have a day lololol 

• Like 1