NFL News & Notes

Leader

Carl Nassib.  3rd round draft pick in 2016 draft.  Defensive end.  Penn State.  Ran a 4.84 40 at the combine, benched 21 reps.  7.27 3 cone.  28.5 vertical.  

He became a part time starter in the NFL, starting 36 games out of 73.

143 tackles, 20.5 sacks and 49 QB hits.

5 years in the league.

Solid player.

Could care less about what sexual orientation he is, he is a solid NFL player and to my knowledge, he is also a good citizen as I cannot remember him getting into trouble on or off the field.  

Also...this "came out" as he donated $100,000 to the Trevor Project, a nonprofit that seeks to prevent suicides in LGBTQ youth.

Kinda of sticking with the "good person" stuff for sure.

• Like 2

Frank Clark?  On the other hand....

Arrested for illegal possession of a firearm. (sub machine gun)

Prior to that he was arrested for a gun charge.

Arrested for suspicion of domestic violence.  (disturbing to read)  https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

Said this to a woman reporting who was reporting on his domestic violence charge, "People like you don’t have long careers in your field. I have a job for you cleaning my fish tanks when that lil job is ova."

Arrested for home invasion.

35 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I don't know who this is, but quit hacking Norm's profile.  This is incredibly thoughtful and true.

Knock it off and leave Norm's posting to Norm! We need to return to NORMal.

It definitely felt weird to make so many serious posts lately lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Norm said:

100%. I imagine there's some stuff where two separate entities way back when we're doing the same innovations at the same time with no knowledge of each other and the people who covered it then were in the same boat. 

One of the other weird things about Curly I remember from ages ago when I was deep diving for this ancient pro football stuff is that a lot of reports were that he was this really excellent athlete, which I THINK it's likely the case against his peers, but it seemed like as time went on a bit there was more this attitude he was 'scrappy' blah blah or whatever. Just a lot of conflicting stuff back in that era of football that I wish I could know more about lol

At least when you get to the late 30s or so it's more reported and there's video here and there. Still interesting stuff to go look into if anyone ever has the inclination. Easy to get lost in.

Curly played for Notre Dame actually so he was definitely an athlete. Don Hutson was also light years ahead of his peers as an athlete as well. 

---

Frank Clark's off-the-field issues date back to his time at Michigan. The dude is a kid-friendly version of Aaron Hernandez and there should be an over-under on how long it'll take for him to wind up in prison...maybe even federal, pound-me-in-the-@$$ prison as they say in Office Space...

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

Curly played for Notre Dame actually so he was definitely an athlete. Don Hutson was also light years ahead of his peers as an athlete as well. 

---

Frank Clark's off-the-field issues date back to his time at Michigan. The dude is a kid-friendly version of Aaron Hernandez and there should be an over-under on how long it'll take for him to wind up in prison...maybe even federal, pound-me-in-the-@$$ prison as they say in Office Space...

Hutson undoubtedly. Hell there's pro and Bama clips out there that even in a few seconds you can see that.

I'm no historian but there was probably a lot of just guys that still got into programs like ND back then. It's just one of those odd things where I've heard man he was a great athlete and no he just knew the game blah blah as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joe said:

Frank Clark has had problems, admittedly many of those are self-inflicted. However comparing him to  psychopathic, murderer is a bit out of bounds IMO. 

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Frank Clark has had problems, admittedly many of those are self-inflicted. However comparing him to  psychopathic, murderer is a bit out of bounds IMO. 

Whatever, old guy.  Old like the Golden State Killer.  You can't hide the truth from me.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Also I swear I missed the genesis of this conversation and I was way too lazy to go back and find it. 

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think Clark is more like that Cowboy pass rusher turned MMA fighter who abused a girlfriend and had a ton of guns.  Can't remember his name now....  Greg Hardy maybe?

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think Clark is more like that Cowboy pass rusher turned MMA fighter who abused a girlfriend and had a ton of guns.  Can't remember his name now....  Greg Hardy maybe?

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yep, but the majority of his career was with Carolina. 

• Like 1