NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't even understand how there exists an intellectually honest disagreement in 2021 to some of these simple facts some of you appear to be debating.

Mind = blown

Our system pays women and minorities a fraction of what it pays white males. 

Our entire history has been lead by white males

and the conclusion is that "women/minorities chose these lower paying roles"

face. palm.

Not to get overly into this, but....my mother was a high end high school educator for many, many years.  Their salary structure financially rewarded long tenured teachers.  At the end of her career, she was making a lot more in public education than her male counterparts who were either newer to teaching, or newer to the school where they were teaching.  And she was on par with her co-workers who had the same tenure length that she did.

My wife?  She's always had a good paying job.  The last three years, she's asserted herself more, become even better at what she does (resolving bank vs. government loans), and has been unbelievably financially compensated.  

In other words, I have me a sugar momma.  And I dig it.  Makes life much easier.

But, it could be that the two examples in my life are not the norm.  I'm not going to claim to be an expert, just pointing out two examples from women in my life.

Edited by vegas492
sorry, I didn't see the stop sign before posting

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But, it could be that the two examples in my life are not the norm

it's good that you're open to the idea that published research which includes the sample size of everyone might be more reflective of the norm than a sample size of 2 people you personally know.

next step: full-on acknowledgment :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is it just me or is it super weird that it's the Raiders who are getting into trouble because their coach made comments that were racist, sexist, and homophobic when this is the franchise that had the first black head coach of the post-merger era, the first woman team CEO, and the first openly gay player?

The Raiders aren't in trouble?

The New York Times -    Breaking News: Jeff Pash, the NFL's top lawyer, had a cozy relationship with a longtime president of the troubled Washington Football Team, emails show. Pash and the executive brokered penalties, discussed a cheerleading scandal and arranged perks.

"For nearly a decade, the president of the Washington Football Team sent emails to a friend in which he casually joked about Native Americans and racial and political diversity, griped about referees and league initiatives to improve player safety, and arranged tickets and perks for his correspondent. He also thanked the man for getting a fine lifted and for understanding the team’s thorniest troubles.

That man was Jeff Pash, who — as the longtime general counsel of the N.F.L. and a top adviser to Commissioner Roger Goodell — would become responsible for investigating the team that had been run by the very executive he grew close to.

Pash appeared to engage willingly in the back-and-forth, sometimes reassuring the Washington executive, Bruce Allen, who was with the club from 2009 to 2019, not to worry about troubles that would eventually rock the team and the league, including reports about harassment of the club’s cheerleaders"