NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, packfanfb said:

No we'll have to do it like 2020. Pretty clear that the Packers need to keep winning and somehow out run the Bucs and Rams to the No. 1 seed or at least one of them to the No. 2 seed. Having to get to the Super Bowl on the road against both the Bucs and Rams is a death sentence IMO. 

This isn't like 2010 where a **** team like the Bears lucks out and gets the No. 2 seed and we get to face Caleb Hanie in the NFCCG. The Bucs and Rams are formidable, completely stacked teams, teams I think we can beat at Lambeau in January, but probably not on the road. 

I don't see that happening TBH. As for the Rams in particular, I really don't think Von Miller bringing all too much other than an upgrade on the EDGE which they desperately needed. However, that secondary has seriously under-performed this year as they're bottom 3rd in the league in both opposing completion percentage and yards allowed though they do lead the league in team sacks. Much of it is because nobody's really running on them due to Aaron Donald, but he or someone else have to get home very quickly on the QB in most passing situations. I'm more afraid of their passing offense.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Also, I wish the refs called defensive holding on the Bucs DBs like they were calling it on them yesterday against NO. The Bucs secondary literally might as well revolve their scheme around holding in the secondary, it's so frequent. 

TB's secondary is pretty banged up and as long as you can handle that front-7 you should be fine so long as your defense isn't terrible. Brady was slowed down by an immense amount of pressure and a great coverage scheme against his WR's. If we were to play them again, we'd best use that uptempo offense we saw against the 49ers.

2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Well here’s the good news. We’re in the drivers seat, the Chiefs arnt that good right now. Either are the Hawks. We can easily win the next 3 games and go into LA at 10-1. 

Agreed. Minnesota is finding ways to lose games and Cook can't stay healthy. Now with Hunter on IR, PLUS a DL that has seen much better days that game could be one of those 35-17 games where they get a TD or two in garbage time after our run game destroys them.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Last year was the year. Cowboys lost Prescott. Rams still had Goff. Brees faded with the Saints. 

We were far and away the best team in the conference and then the Bucs caught fire especially on defense, and our star LT tore his ACL in a walk-through and changed the course of history. 

2020 was the best set up for Green Bay we were ever going to see. We just failed to close. 

Also they brought in Jared Veldheer to provide some relief at the tackle position and he was promptly placed on the COVID list. That Bucs team ran about as pure you'll ever see a team run in terms of their own health and critical injuries befalling their opponents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Well here’s the good news. We’re in the drivers seat, the Chiefs arnt that good right now. Either are the Hawks. We can easily win the next 3 games and go into LA at 10-1. 

The Bucs still have the Colts, Bills, and Saints. So hopefully they will fall to 12-5 or 13-4, which gives the Packers some room for error.

And who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they drop a random game vs. the Panthers, Giants, WFT or the Jets.

The Rams play the rest of the West plus the Henry-less Titans, the Ravens, and, of course, the Packers so we control our fate a bit there.

The Cowboys probably have the easiest schedule moving forward with LVR, NO, and AZ being the only teams with winning records still on their schedule. 

27 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Bucs still have the Colts, Bills, and Saints. So hopefully they will fall to 12-5 or 13-4, which gives the Packers some room for error.

And who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they drop a random game vs. the Panthers, Giants, WFT or the Jets.

The Rams play the rest of the West plus the Henry-less Titans, the Ravens, and, of course, the Packers so we control our fate a bit there.

The Cowboys probably have the easiest schedule moving forward with LVR, NO, and AZ being the only teams with winning records still on their schedule. 

Dallas has to play KC as well and KC's passing attack may neutralize their pass-rush and run defense. I can see KC beating them in a 34-24 game depending how McCarthy calls the game. 

I'm starting to think that the way to beat the Rams may be putting up at least 25 and controlling the clock. I looked at their wins and they're allowing 18-20 points on average with only one team breaking the 25 point mark against them: their only loss of the season against Arizona. However, they're winning by scoring quick drives in an effort to engage in a bit of a shootout. Their time of possession ranking is bottom half of the league at 20th where Arizona is 7th(and dominated TOP in that win), Tampa Bay at 8th which was a 10 point win in Week 3 by the Rams, and Indianapolis at 8th who only lost by 3 points in Week 2 but controlled time of possession. Right now, we're clocking in at 9th in league so the key in that game may be able to secure a victory by taking long, time intensive scoring drives.

Leaving additional injuries out of it (and there will be some) if the last 4 in the NFC includes any combination of TB, GB, DAL, LA, AZ there will be no easy path to the SB bowl.  Gonna have to earn it this year.  Home field vs any of those teams would help considerably.

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Looks like the Broncos are loading up on draft picks to get in on the Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes this off season, if there is one. 

Von Miller's emotions still 'raw' as Denver Broncos agree to trade him to Los Angeles Rams (espn.com)

That thought entered my mind when I saw that they added another 2nd and 3rd rounder.