OC Johnny Morton is OUT; Jeremy Bates hired per Schefter

Bianconero

36 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Marshall fired as OL coach; apparently we have interest in Rick Dennison for that role. 

I think that would be an excellent hire. Connections with Bates via Shanahan coaching tree, a run-oriented coach with history of coaching QBs as well. Another hire that could attract Cousins 

we are also looking at Bryan Callahan as our next QB Coach apparently as well

We should totally be super negative over 1 season in seattle before russel wilson, and that bryce petty and christian hackenberg didn't develop as starters lol. I swear I don't know why some people ever bother following this team with that attitude. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dennison/Bates combo would mean the end for Carpenter at LG I think and possible Winters as well. Both are power blocking guys and I'm pretty sure Bates likes the ZBS as well as Dennison who's from the Kubiak tree.

If they don't fit, I don't think I'd move them both yet. Might just draft behind them unless there is a FA we can't pass up.

33 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dennison/Bates combo would mean the end for Carpenter at LG I think and possible Winters as well. Both are power blocking guys and I'm pretty sure Bates likes the ZBS as well as Dennison who's from the Kubiak tree.

Winters can't go anywhere with his contract. Worth noting that Carp sucked in the ZBS in Seattle. 

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Winters can't go anywhere with his contract. Worth noting that Carp sucked in the ZBS in Seattle. 

I wish he could he atrocious, that contract was a joke. One of Macs truly amateur moves, like borderline embarrassing contract. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wish he could he atrocious, that contract was a joke. One of Macs truly amateur moves, like borderline embarrassing contract. 

While I agree... having a good C next to him hopefully next year will up his game as well as Shell hopefully only getting better.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

While I agree... having a good C next to him hopefully next year will up his game as well as Shell hopefully only getting better.

Jets should still look to add a guard in both FA and draft, maybe a tackle in the draft too. Shell is OK, we do kind of overrate him here being that we want him to be good so badly. Carpenter had a rough year but hes been our best linemen for years. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Jets should still look to add a guard in both FA and draft, maybe a tackle in the draft too. Shell is OK, we do kind of overrate him here being that we want him to be good so badly. Carpenter had a rough year but hes been our best linemen for years. 

It was Year one for Shell and he played well considering expectations.. Wasn’t really a liability. Winters was hurt all year, Johnson was terrible, Carpenter wasn’t great and Beachum was fine. 

I def want a new Center, Left Guard and maybe Right Guard with a development LT being drafted behind Beachum for a year or two then taking over. 

Also we should give Dozier a full time chance as he’s usually good when he comes in.

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

My point is that having good guys bookending you makes you better on an OLine. Johnson was so bad last year that both OGs I think graded worse than the talent. But it will be interesting to see if we switch to a ZBS now. That changes things.

I'm 100% ready to offer Norwell and Richburg big contracts and draft a developmental LT on day 2 to sit for a year behind Beachum (Brian O'Neil with the SEA pick).  Lets make this OL a force.

Don't wait just make them both the highest paid OG and C so we can protect our new young QB.

O'Neil, Norwell, Richburg, Winters, Shell

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I only saw that he was QB Coach there, and just assumed most of the offensive play-calling ran through Shanahan anyways. I'd love to be wrong though. I'm just telling it how I see it.

Wiki said that.

Broncos site link:  https://www.milehighreport.com/2008/9/22/619243/the-broncos-playcalling-ex

Also, see Rich Dennison about run game coordinator in case if someone wonders about his strength.

Archived