Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I may be alone, but I've always hated the DH and feel they should just get rid of it rather than adopt it universally.  Yes, it extends careers, but it also lessens strategy...and the part about baseball that is even more boring now is that there is no strategy.  It's singles and HRs, period.  I don't need to see the "Twins Way"(r) anymore, but by god, I don't want to see 9 Rob Deers in the lineup either.

Edited by swede700

The Wolves need to clean house inside that locker room. None of the players care about winning. None of them have any semblance of competitive drive. Towns and Russell are nothing more than apathetic black holes that just suck the drive out of anyone the come near. 

Jimmy Butler was 100% right about these guys. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Wolves need to clean house inside that locker room. None of the players care about winning. None of them have any semblance of competitive drive. Towns and Russell are nothing more than apathetic black holes that just suck the drive out of anyone the come near. 

That Edwards pick is looking brutal right now.

Very young yet and just 13 games in but shooting 35% from the field at 73% from the line.

Yeesh. Gotta figure out how to use the kid in isolation one of these days. Build him up.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The last five games point wise for Edwards.

The five games before that.

Pretty crazy the drop off, but still he has been great times times but yeah Jimmy Butler was right and I thought he was the entire time.  Russell has of late seemed kind of interested on defense, and Towns well he has simply not been out there and as many issues as he has, they are clearly awful without him.  At least they have some good young guys to play and see what they got.

Sadly it is best for them to lose and try to develop and play this young guys.  If they pick in the top 3 this 2021 draft they will get it, if the pick lands outside of the top 3 they will not get the pick and it will go to Golden State.  I would not mind the competitive drive, toughness and defensive fight Jalen Suggs would bring to this time who seemingly have no real strong PG.

Russell is good but too hot and cold.

7 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

That Edwards pick is looking brutal right now.

Very young yet and just 13 games in but shooting 35% from the field at 73% from the line.

Yeesh. Gotta figure out how to use the kid in isolation one of these days. Build him up.

Yeah Anthony Edwards needs to find his shot, he is bad finishing in traffic so they need to work on that with him.  Because he can get to the basket just cannot finish, if he could do that when he is missing shots it is not as big of a deal.  But they drafted him because he was a shooter so he better be able to shoot, at this point if he cannot they he does not do much else.  LaMelo looks better because he can do a variety of things that impact the game, at this point if Edwards is not scoring he is not doing much else.  Still early though and still young of course.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If they pick in the top 3 this 2021 draft they will get it, if the pick lands outside of the top 3 they will not get the pick and it will go to Golden State. 

I can't believe that is a thing. Doesn't that just give them a massive incentive to tank?

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I can't believe that is a thing. Doesn't that just give them a massive incentive to tank?

Either way, apparently getting rid of Wiggins was not the best idea in the world.  That is a lot to give up considering how so so Russell has been here.  Wolves thought they were getting a budding All Star like he was on the Nets but the Nets clearly had a better roster around him defensively that protected him and allowed him to just score.  The Wolves do not have that type of defense especially on the inside.    You got a team like Cleveland who has Andre Drummond, Jarrett Allen and JaVale McGee, Drummond and Allen are both a big time forces defensively.  Wolves do not have one center who can play defense at all, not like that is all that matters in his spread out NBA but clearly the Wolves are a little too spread and shoot threes and cannot stop anyone or get a rebound especially without Towns in there.  Naz I like but he shoots way too many threes and needs to improve on defense a lot. 

So far this Gersson Rosas thing is not working out.  He has all his guys now he wanted with what he did last year in trades.  Looks better but the play is clearly not better and the three ball factor is not working either, clearly they have no James Harden like he had in Houston to make it work.  They are 8th in field goals attempted and 28% in shooting percentage.  27th in 3 point percentage as well so clearly shooting is not great and neither is defense.  26th in points given up per game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-value-t-wolves-2021-pick-more-no-2-2020

"Luckily for the Warriors, they're in a tremendous position to capitalize on that incoming wave of talent. In addition to possessing their own 2021 first-round pick, they also have the Minnesota Timberwolves' top-three protected 2021 first-rounder acquired as part of the Andrew Wiggins-D'Angelo Russell trade.

If the Timberwolves' pick lands outside of the first three selections in the 2021 draft, it will convey to Golden State. If by chance Minnesota's pick does land in the top three, then the Warriors will receive the Timberwolves' unprotected first-rounder in 2022."

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Can we get rid of the Wolves? Push out the weakest link of all pro teams. I'd rather watch the Lynx.

I've been saying for quite some time that they should just move them here to KC.  That entire franchise needs a fresh start somewhere else.  As it is, they're always going to be the #4 team in MN...at least they'd be #3 in KC.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

I've been saying for quite some time that they should just move them here to KC.  That entire franchise needs a fresh start somewhere else.  As it is, they're always going to be the #4 team in MN...at least they'd be #3 in KC.  

Absolutely. Basketball isnt popular in Minnesota. Players really dont want to be there. It's popularity has been surpassed by soccer. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Absolutely. Basketball isnt popular in Minnesota. Players really dont want to be there. It's popularity has been surpassed by soccer. 

I am about as far from a soccer fan as one can get, but I can agree with this. Basketball isn't popular here and I would rather have soccer. I watched a lot of NBA back in the Jordan era and followed the Wolves during the Garnett years but by now I couldn't care less about them. The last NBA game I watched was Garnett playing in the NBA finals with the Celtics. It is more possible that I could become interested in soccer. At least I know some other people that are interested in that sport.

Basketball is hugely popular in Minnesota, and it’s become one of the hotbeds of top High School talent in the country. 

The men’s professional team may not be popular, but the sport itself very much is. 

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 2