Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I don’t see the sense in trading for Ben Simmons now that the team lost their 1st round pick to Golden State. 

If they had gotten a top 3 pick, and had a chance at a PG like Suggs, trying to swing a trade involving Russell to get Simmons makes some sense.

Erickson Ek is the Wild's bester center by a wide margin, and was arguably their best performer in the playoffs. He's a tough, gritty two-way player who put up excellent offensive statistics this past season. I am a BIG fan of his and this signing and see him as a cornerstone of the franchise moving forward. However it is imperative that the Wild finds a way to sign their one potential superstar. Kaprizov could turn out to be the best professional hockey player to ever play for the great state of hockey. He's not there yet, but I personally have never seen a rookie play better hockey for Minnesota and I remember Goldy, Smith, Broten, Bellows, the Gump, etc....

38 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I want Kirill on this team for his entire career, but hes sorta rubbing me the wrong way He seems like a me first player. I get the feeling he doesnt want to be here.

I am a Minnesota sports fan that grew up there but moved away 35 years ago. As such I do not keep up with the Minnesota media so I haven't heard anything that would make me think he wants to leave. What have you read or heard that makes you feel this way?

2 minutes ago, DisplacedViking said:

I am a Minnesota sports fan that grew up there but moved away 35 years ago. As such I do not keep up with the Minnesota media so I haven't heard anything that would make me think he wants to leave. What have you read or heard that makes you feel this way?

Nothing ive read completely made up in my head/ gut feeling.

I hope you're wrong, lol! Money usually talks, and unless he goes back to Russia he's thousands of miles from home so I don't see why another NHL destination would be preferable. I watched a show about his home city in Russia and I believe the climate was similar to Minnesota's. I hope they offer him a long term max contract deal with additional perks and he signs, soon!

2 hours ago, DisplacedViking said:

I hope you're wrong, lol! Money usually talks, and unless he goes back to Russia he's thousands of miles from home so I don't see why another NHL destination would be preferable. I watched a show about his home city in Russia and I believe the climate was similar to Minnesota's. I hope they offer him a long term max contract deal with additional perks and he signs, soon!

Sounds like he doesn’t want a long term contract, I think we’ve already offered him and 8 year contract with the AAV I can’t recall, sounds like he wants a 3-5 year deal so he can cash in again when he’s in his late 20s 

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Sounds like he doesn’t want a long term contract, I think we’ve already offered him and 8 year contract with the AAV I can’t recall, sounds like he wants a 3-5 year deal so he can cash in again when he’s in his late 20s 

And that’s absolutely reasonable. I think he also wants assurances that the team is going to build a contender around him. I don’t think he can make the same money in Russia, but he’d be close to home and wouldn’t need nearly as much money to live just as well. In the end, it’s likely just really good posturing by his agent. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

And that’s absolutely reasonable. I think he also wants assurances that the team is going to build a contender around him. I don’t think he can make the same money in Russia, but he’d be close to home and wouldn’t need nearly as much money to live just as well. In the end, it’s likely just really good posturing by his agent. 

From what ive read he wants an elite center to play with something the wild have never had in their entire existence, Just scares me we will sign him to a 3-5 year contract and he will end up walking with us not getting anything in return.

Hed be a fool to play in Russia and would lose out on Millions playing in an inferior league.

Edited by mattyice0401

Hopefully JEE can continue his upward projection. Going to be an interesting 3 weeks for the Wild.

*Saturday, July 17: Deadline for teams to submit their protected lists for the 2021 NHL Expansion Draft. Wild must protect Zach Parise, Mats Zuccarello, Ryan Suter, Jared Spurgeon, and Jonas Brodin due to their NMC's (no movement clauses). One of those five could waive their NMC and be exposed for Seattle if they chose.

Wednesday, July 21: The 2021 NHL Expansion Draft is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.

Friday, July 23: The first round of the 2021 NHL Draft takes place on this Friday night. As of today, the Wild have two 1st round selections (No. 21 and No. 25 (from Penguins)).

Saturday, July 24: Rounds two through seven of the 2021 NHL Draft are on Saturday.

Wednesday, July 28: NHL free agency begins at noon ET.

*For those who don't know teams can choose one of two methods for their protected lists. 

Option 1: 7 forwards, 3 defenseman, and 1 goalie

Option 2: 8 skaters (forwards/defenseman) and 1 goalie

There are other requirements that teams must meet that you can read about here:

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

On 7/7/2021 at 4:00 PM, VikeManDan said:

Hopefully JEE can continue his upward projection. Going to be an interesting 3 weeks for the Wild.

*Saturday, July 17: Deadline for teams to submit their protected lists for the 2021 NHL Expansion Draft. Wild must protect Zach Parise, Mats Zuccarello, Ryan Suter, Jared Spurgeon, and Jonas Brodin due to their NMC's (no movement clauses). One of those five could waive their NMC and be exposed for Seattle if they chose.

Wednesday, July 21: The 2021 NHL Expansion Draft is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.

Friday, July 23: The first round of the 2021 NHL Draft takes place on this Friday night. As of today, the Wild have two 1st round selections (No. 21 and No. 25 (from Penguins)).

Saturday, July 24: Rounds two through seven of the 2021 NHL Draft are on Saturday.

Wednesday, July 28: NHL free agency begins at noon ET.

*For those who don't know teams can choose one of two methods for their protected lists. 

Option 1: 7 forwards, 3 defenseman, and 1 goalie

Option 2: 8 skaters (forwards/defenseman) and 1 goalie

There are other requirements that teams must meet that you can read about here:

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

I wonder if Parise would waive his to go play for Hakstol.  Both UND guys.

The Vixen battle for the conference championship, and the right to go to the National Championship game in Canton, OH, tonight at 7 against the 2019, defending, conference championship team from California.

If any of you are in the Edina area, we are playing at Kuhlman Field (5701 Normandale), and tickets can be purchased online (via phone right at the gate as well).  If you're not in the area, or don't want to venture outside, the game can be live streamed here!

http://townsquaretv.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=cc89215c-7a32-4f91-bb8b-5fdbc9c0d195

Biggest game of my coaching career (and my chance to push my career playoff record to 2-1), and biggest game for most of our players as well. 

• Like 3