Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles - What year is it?

Deadpulse

Didn't go for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone

Didn't kick the field goal on 4th and 5 at the 35

Played Jordan Richards on defense

The whole Butler thing, whatever it was

This L is on the coaching staff. They basically forced Brady and the offense to play a perfect game to win, which they almost did. And even there they had to know the Eagles ability to rotate the DL would be especially problematic in the 4th and they didn't do enough to mitigate it. On both the strip sack and on the last drive of the game where Brady was Houdini at least twice to avoid a game ending sack.

You had a lot of 50/50 stuff go against them, I thought the Clement TD should have been overturned, the Ertz one I understand more as he did seem to establish himself as a runner before going into a dive for the goal line. Blatant PI/illegal contact on the last play where I think Hogan was absolutely sideswiped on the way down the field, no call. Can't complain too much about the officiating as they mostly let both teams get away with close stuff, but that was especially egregious and is obviously called if it's not the last play of the game. The most annoying thing about this game will be the "twilight of the dynasty" and retirement BS we're gonna have to put up with for the next 7 months. This team is good enough to win every year, with some re-stocking of front seven talent this offseason they're the best team in the league. This one hurts, but would've been more upset losing last year and absolutely devastated had we lost to Seattle, so it is what it is. Just have to hope that this fuels the fire for our main guys and makes them want to come back for the next year and beyond.

I know I'm a little upset now, but it'll pass. As @dhunt2402 said we left a lot on the field. Ryan Allen not getting the ball set cost us 3 but we should have went for it on 4 and 1. Cooks getting knocked out in the second quarter didn't help. Jordan Richards missing on several plays didn't help. I know there is more but I think dhunt covered it pretty well.

As Tommy Wiseau would say "I'm fed up with this game" https://media.giphy.com/media/ZnaRK2M5PB0Q0/giphy.gif

Thank you guys for being such good sports (unlike other certain fanbases of late). This game was super close the whole way through and 1 play could have changed the entirety of the game. 

Brady and Belichick gave it their all, but the defense didn't play well enough. Look forward to playing you guys in 2019.

45 minutes ago, Iron_man said:

I know I'm a little upset now, but it'll pass. As @dhunt2402 said we left a lot on the field. Ryan Allen not getting the ball set cost us 3 but we should have went for it on 4 and 1. Cooks getting knocked out in the second quarter didn't help. Jordan Richards missing on several plays didn't help. I know there is more but I think dhunt covered it pretty well.

As Tommy Wiseau would say "I'm fed up with this game" https://media.giphy.com/media/ZnaRK2M5PB0Q0/giphy.gif

Yep. And heck, Cooks only had to beat one man on that 3rd and short play. The two early drives in the RZ that ended with 3 total points was a killer, and I said it at the time (not that it was any great insight). I think both were close to or inside the 5 also. Could have easily had 11 more points on the board just from that. Defense lost this game but those two early drives hurt.

helluva game guys, two best teams going at it tonight and it showed.

Proud that we can say we beat a great team like the Pats for our first

would say good luck next year but we all know you'll be back here...Brady is gonna be playing til he's 60 looking like a pescetarian cryptkeeper

5 hours ago, Iron_man said:

We shouldn't have had to go for it on 4th and 1 because our #1 receiver with elite speed/quickness should've known the best way to get 1 yard is to go to the sideline there, not to try to hurdle a full grown man.

But it is what it is.  I don't know that more offense would've helped us that much.  Defense was just garbage.

1 hour ago, TuckRule said:

Why didn't Brady dive for the ball when it bounced off his hands? He also didn't run his route that fast. I know he's a slow QB but it didn't seem like he exerted much effort on that play.

Lol great first post

Its because he doesn't really care enough about winning.  If he was a true competitor, he obvi would've had at least 700 yards and another few TDs.  

I have no idea why we didn't play Butler after having him start through the entire playoff run but, Foles also pulled out his Tebow card and played 100000x beyond what his skill cap is supposed to be.

He was dropping straight dimes.

Also, our D-Line got annihilated and after Chung got beat up, our safeties were a mess.  

7 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Didn't go for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone

Didn't kick the field goal on 4th and 5 at the 35

Played Jordan Richards on defense

The whole Butler thing, whatever it was

This L is on the coaching staff. They basically forced Brady and the offense to play a perfect game to win, which they almost did. And even there they had to know the Eagles ability to rotate the DL would be especially problematic in the 4th and they didn't do enough to mitigate it. On both the strip sack and on the last drive of the game where Brady was Houdini at least twice to avoid a game ending sack.

You had a lot of 50/50 stuff go against them, I thought the Clement TD should have been overturned, the Ertz one I understand more as he did seem to establish himself as a runner before going into a dive for the goal line. Blatant PI/illegal contact on the last play where I think Hogan was absolutely sideswiped on the way down the field, no call. Can't complain too much about the officiating as they mostly let both teams get away with close stuff, but that was especially egregious and is obviously called if it's not the last play of the game. The most annoying thing about this game will be the "twilight of the dynasty" and retirement BS we're gonna have to put up with for the next 7 months. This team is good enough to win every year, with some re-stocking of front seven talent this offseason they're the best team in the league. This one hurts, but would've been more upset losing last year and absolutely devastated had we lost to Seattle, so it is what it is. Just have to hope that this fuels the fire for our main guys and makes them want to come back for the next year and beyond.

Ironically our LB crew, which was our supposed weakness, did OK this game.  IMO the Dline really let us down and the Blount + Clement chunk yards were what started the downhill Defensive play.  

And we lost Cooks early so we were literally playing in the Super Bowl with Amendola, Dorsett, and Hogan as our primary WR's.  That's a solid crew but, not a great crew.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Thank you guys for being such good sports (unlike other certain fanbases of late). This game was super close the whole way through and 1 play could have changed the entirety of the game. 

Brady and Belichick gave it their all, but the defense didn't play well enough. Look forward to playing you guys in 2019.

I see why the Pats defensive was rank 25 in the NFL this year. It is absolutely horrible no pass rush, linebackers stink. except for Gilmour the rest of the secondary is a joke. The Eagles march up and down the field for the entire game. Eagle receivers were running wide open all game. And this is a Belichick defensive?

Archived