Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

While Eagles probably have the better team outside of QB, QB is kind of super important, and the Pats have enough of an edge there that I would comfortably call them the superior team and deserving of being favorites to the degree that they are. Since they're the better team and we're on a neutral field here, that means the Eagles will need to play pretty damn perfect to win. I think it is a given they will try to follow the blueprint of the Giants, which is pretty basic in theory but complex in practice: get consistent interior pressure without blitzing, keep the ball out of Brady's hands, and run the ball. Essentially win in the trenches to give yourself a chance, and then it will just come down to who can execute better down the stretch. If the Eagles cannot win in the trenches on both sides, I don't think they'll have a chance unless BB and Brady have their first poor/mistake laden SB.

Taking all that into account, I expect something like...

Eagles- 24

Patriots- 5

Foles wins SB MVP, throwing 19/24, 288 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Brady is forced into retirement via shame, throwing 14/49, 0 TDs, 5 INTs

Image result for green man gif

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I have a feeling that this is going to go down as the greatest Super Bowl ever. Like, it won't even be a question on everybody's countdowns. No contest between it and XLII, XLIII, and LI. There are just so many great backstories and little factoids that will or won't come true. For example...

MVP Winner vs MVP Runner Up's (Team) Streak: MVP Winner has lost like the last 5 times.

Nick Saban/Bill Belichick/LeBron James Streak: Has never been a year where two of the three have taken home the championship. Saban has already brought home his so...

Patriots Quest for Six vs Eagles "Win One Before I Do": Patriots look to even with the Eagles cross-state rivals for most Super Bowls while Eagles fans are probably the closest they've ever been to the Super Bowl they've wanted so badly.

Patriots Away Uni Super Bowl Streak: The Pats are something like 4-0 in their Away Uniforms during the Super Bowl (or some crap statistic like that) and have elected to wear the white again.

Eagles Underdog Mentality: The fact that Brady beat Wentz for MVP, Pederson only got 1 vote for CoTY and Roseman hasn't gottten GMoTY (yet) will definitely lead to the Eagles feeling slighted yet again.

Brian Dawkins On The Field!: The fact that none other than Weapon X will walk out on the field to acknowledge his upcoming enshrinement into Canton before the game will leave that stadium absolutely rocking in favor of the Birds before the game.

All of this and we're not even talking about the actual Xs and Os of the game because these two teams match up well though the Eagles Offense has a clear advantage over the Patriots Defense. Man, I feel like this game is going to be LEGENDARY!

legendary... and then the Patriots still win , Yawnnnn))))

If the Pats win full credit to B.B. and Brady.   Really QB and coaching are where the Pats have the clear edge (but Pederson is as close as it gets in that department).  

The JAX game should have reinforced to PHI that you don’t play it safe vs. the Pats. The Eagles are best in the trenches and that often wins games - unless TO’s or coaching overcomes it.   That’s one area I do like PHI’s chances - Pederson hasn’t coached playing it safe.  One area I hope he changes is feeding Ajayi in the RZ instead of Blount. 

Should be a great game I’ll go with a 27-24 Phi W.   

@TheRealMcCoy, @RandyMossIsBoss, @Nabbs4u, @BAConrad, @BLick12, @jonu62882

I know that we have always had our differences in opinion about certain things concerning the Eagles, but even with the disagreements I have always respected you guys. You guys are shining examples of the type of Birds fans I met when I went to The Linc last year. I hope today becomes the best freakin' day of your lives man! I'm behind you guys 100 freakin' percent rockin the Brent Celek Midnight Green jersey today in support with my whole damn family of Eagles fans! Heck, think I even lost my 4 month old daughter to the dark side because her coos sounded like E-A-G this morning. Seriously, best of freakin luck guys! Hope it turns out to be everything you've ever waited for.

Also, shoutout @ninjapirate too I guess though he never comes into NFL General.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I know that we have always had our differences in opinion about certain things concerning the Eagles, but even with the disagreements I have always respected you guys. You guys are shining examples of the type of Birds fans I met when I went to The Linc last year. I hope today becomes the best freakin' day of your lives man! I'm behind you guys 100 freakin' percent rockin the Brent Celek Midnight Green jersey today in support with my whole damn family of Eagles fans! Heck, think I even lost my 4 month old daughter to the dark side because her coos sounded like E-A-G this morning. Seriously, best of freakin luck guys! Hope it turns out to be everything you've ever waited for.

Appreciate that Blaq.

I'm sure your family is happy and possibly slightly disturbed to see you rocking an Eagles jersey and rooting for them today.

8 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Well, thank you.

Archived