Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

The whole world is now going to be sleeping on the Vikings!

The Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota-based Sleep Number announced today a 10-year partnership naming Sleep Number the team’s “Official Sleep Wellness Partner.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-and-Sleep-Number-Announce-10-Year-Partnership-Focused-on-Sleep-Science-and-Performance/e57adfb6-e8fc-49dc-82d0-844839788500

• Like 1

It was May 2013, and my senior year of football at Minnesota State–Mankato had ended a few months earlier. I still wasn’t 100% sure what I was going to do after college, but I knew a guy who knew a guy at a place called Patterson Dental, and he put in a good word for me.

The job was … well, basically, I’d be selling dental equipment. It was actually more of an internship, but it was a pretty decent opportunity at a really good company. So I put on a suit and tie and went in for an interview. It was a good interview. But I remember that at one point, the interviewer asked me one of those cliché interview questions.

“If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?”

“To play in the NFL.”

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/adam-thielen-vikings/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's worse than running for a touchdown and finding out that you ran for a safety instead?

Jim Marshall found out this week in 1964, when the Vikings defensive end recovered the ball after a fumble and ran … the wrong way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/10/26/one-of-the-worst-sports-bloopers-in-history-happened-this-week-in-1964/107022498/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was thinking it would toll. What will his contract look like if it tolls? If he's cheap, may as well hang onto him. But if it's a burden, I think we've got to move on.

Not cheap. Is is the fifth year option. I don't know what doctor's know but I wouldn't be willing to pay him that after he hasnt' been on teh field for so long.

3 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

It was a 5th year deal, I think so it's about $7 mil.

I think you let it roll over and if he can't go next year, I think he'll likely retire, better retire then end up worse off?

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.  It'll still be all dead money, so they'd have to eat it regardless of whether he's there or not.  They can't get out of the money at this point.  

Edited by disaacs

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

It was a 5th year deal, I think so it's about $7 mil.

I think you let it roll over and if he can't go next year, I think he'll likely retire, better retire then end up worse off?

5th year option becomes guaranteed early in the offseason. I wouldn't guarantee him that because the team would still have to pay him even if he can't go again. The team made a mistake by not cutting him before it became guaranteed this year. They must have thought that he would be back form the injury by now.

42 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

5th year option becomes guaranteed early in the offseason. I wouldn't guarantee him that because the team would still have to pay him even if he can't go again. The team made a mistake by not cutting him before it became guaranteed this year. They must have thought that he would be back form the injury by now.

This season is Floyd’s fifth year option, which they picked up in May of 2016. Floyd got hurt last year, and the 5th year option is protected against injury. The Vikings couldn’t have avoided paying Floyd. 

The trade deadline (Tuesday, Oct. 31 at 4 p.m. ET) is upon us -- which means it's time to consider one potential move for each team. The NFC is below.

Minnesota Vikings: Don't do a thing

Potential compensation:

...Read for the result...I think you'll like it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000867216/article/nfl-trade-deadline-one-move-for-each-nfc-team

Can't see MN being active. Injuries at WR have hurt depth, trading someone wouldn't work at this point. Hard to see any gaping flaws that could be fixed at the trade deadline. We're healthy and playing above expectations. If someone wanted to take a flier on Bradford i might consider moving him but his knee is shot.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Can't see MN being active. Injuries at WR have hurt depth, trading someone wouldn't work at this point. Hard to see any gaping flaws that could be fixed at the trade deadline. We're healthy and playing above expectations. If someone wanted to take a flier on Bradford i might consider moving him but his knee is shot.

The only way we'd consider trading Bradford, knee injury and all, is if Teddy was activated, started and played well. 

Since we're at the deadline already,there is nothing we can do about it.

43 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The only way we'd consider trading Bradford, knee injury and all, is if Teddy was activated, started and played well. 

Since we're at the deadline already,there is nothing we can do about it.

Anything can happen...the deadline isn't until Tuesday.  :)

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 1