Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Robert Kraft will have belichick offer a contract to Keapernick. The Patriots are a team that can take on and extinguish that type of distraction, and offering Keapernick a contract will end any type of collusion claim he’s got on the NFL. 

But can he pick up the complexity of the Pats offense? Still think Hoyer is their best option.

Going to go on a limb here and say if for some reason the Browns dump Josh Gordon... Would not be shocked if we sent in a waiver.

Diggs has battled injuries, Thielen is great but is at his best when he can line up in the slot and we have a guy on the outside that is a weapon to spread out the safeties...

Much like the Eagles did with Ajayi, they went all in. I honestly believe the Vikings are still all in. We have shown we are now not scared to make a move and went after Floyd.

Anybody can say we have enough receivers, but if Gordon returns even 3/4 of the receiver he was I wouldn't be to scared to say he would be making an impact every game for us.

I get emotional thinking of Teddy being able to throw the ball to Diggs, Gordon, Thielen, Treadwell, Coley (future), Rudolph, and someday being able to hand the rock over to Cook. With the defense the way it is, and that offense.... we are a threat.

43 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Brock Osweiler is going to start again for Denver. Cleveland failed to get McCarron and will still start one of their horrid QB's. Indy tried out 4 terrible QBs. Yet Kaepernick still hasn't had a tryout. Yup. 

Certainly you are aware of the baggage that Kaep brings with him. I am not at all surprised that nobody signed him. I wouldn't sign him either. What you say and do matters.

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Certainly you are aware of the baggage that Kaep brings with him. I am not at all surprised that nobody signed him. I wouldn't sign him either. What you say and do matters.

Mike Vick killed dogs and someone signed him despite his perceived "baggage" because they thought he could help them win games. Which is the goal. Kaepernick would give Indy, Cleveland, Arizona, and Denver a better chance to win games. But yes, what he did is far worse than killing dogs and domestic violence. 

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Mike Vick killed dogs and someone signed him despite his perceived "baggage" because they thought he could help them win games. Which is the goal. Kaepernick would give Indy, Cleveland, Arizona, and Denver a better chance to win games. But yes, what he did is far worse than killing dogs and domestic violence. 

Nope, but the media would be all over them all year long.

Win... look what he did

Lose... look what he did.

Mike Vick, and these domestic violence guys for some reason just gets dropped and forgot about.

This kneeling this is in the media and doesn't seem to go away.

I don't think its right he is out of the NFL, never thought he was a good QB, but he is better than some of the guys in it yet, don't care for the kneeling either... but he could be on a NFL team...

I do understand why teams are staying away... its still a distraction.. What are the Browns, Cardinals, or Indy going to gain out of the situation? Kaep isn't going to turn the teams around and they dang near would rather lose out. Denver I understand.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Brock Osweiler is going to start again for Denver. Cleveland failed to get McCarron and will still start one of their horrid QB's. Indy tried out 4 terrible QBs. Yet Kaepernick still hasn't had a tryout. Yup. 

Do we even know if Kaepernick is physically or mentally capable of playing at this point? He's been out of the league for awhile now, does he even have a desire to return?  How much do we actually hear from him and his desire to play. This is ultimately why I think he's out of the NFL. Not sure he has the passion for it. Kind of a problem if you're a QB. There are still many kneelers employed by teams. Why is it different for Kaep? Probably because he's a lousy QB who may not have the proper mindset to be a backup.