Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings brought in five CFL players for tryouts on Friday for future/reserve considerations.

According to Tomasson, the list of tryouts includes:

WR Brandon Zylstra (Edmonton Concordia-Moorhead)
DE Craig Roh (British Columbia)
DB Kacy Rodgers (Saskatchewan)
DB Jonathon Mincy (Montreal)
WR Darel Walker (Edmonton)

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-worked-five-cfl-players/

Rodgers is the son of the Jets' DC...and of course, Zylstra is "one of us", and happened to be catching Carson Wentz' passes at NDSU's Pro Day in 2016.   

Edited by disaacs

The Vikings lost safety Andrew Sendejo for a game early this season for a hit to the head of Ravens receiver Mike Wallace, which dislodged Wallace's helmet. Sendejo's suspension was upheld on appeal, and, after Bengals safety George Iloka had his suspension for a similar play, a powerful helmet-to-helmet hit on Antonio Brown Monday night, reduced on appeal, Vikings officials were quickly on the phone to league headquarters to lodge their complaints.

Sources said GM Rick Spielman was "livid" about the Iloka ruling, and wanted the football operations staff -- led by Troy Vincent -- to clarify or explain why the outcomes of these two discipline processes were not the same. The Vikings declined to comment for this report.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-other-teams-upset-at-nfls-decisions-regarding-on-field-discipline/

33 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I would be upset also.

But then again... Treadwell didn't get suspended for about the same thing Ju-Ju did get suspended for.

Neither did Julio Jones. The NFL has become to reactionary with their enforcement of the rules, misinterpretation of the rules, and their discipline.

The only thing that explains Sendejo’s suspension is that the hit on Wallace was at least his 3rd such hit to that point in the season, and he had a couple others that were questionable. Sendejo needed to be sat down and corralled. 

I don’t watch Bengals games, so I don’t know what Iloka’s history has been this year. But, I’d past years are any indication, Iloka isn’t known for being a big hitter. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Probably fine if Reiff sits out the Bengals game. Rather he not reinjure the ankle for a team that MN shouldn't have major issues.

Definitely fine as long as Remmers is back. Hill is a good backup, but I don't want to see Sirles or whoever would be next up if both Reiff and Remmers are out

And on ? Tuesday....the irony. Good luck, Jack. Until we see u again. 

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again...

Wiz Khalifa, featuring American singer Charlie Puth

Edited by marshpit23

The opponents for 2018 are almost set (once the Vikings clinch the division)....

Home - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo, Miami, NFC South (likely NO at this point)

Away - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, LA Rams, Seattle, New England, NY Jets, Philadelphia

Edited by disaacs

54 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The opponents for 2018 are almost set (once the Vikings clinch the division)....

Home - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo, Miami, NFC South (likely NO at this point)

Away - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, LA Rams, Seattle, New England, NY Jets, Philadelphia

Away schedule could be really tough!!

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

Away schedule could be really tough!!

It could be.  I would love to be able to take a trip to Foxboro though.  I likely won't just because of the cost, but one of these years, I will take a trip to the east coast just to see the Vikings play...gotta get my debt down first though.  :D