Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Matt McGloin has been released and Josh Johnson has been signed by the Texans. Guess McGloin's familiarity with the offense didn't matter much after all...

Shocking. 

I'll give you this one. From a pure football perspective I'm not a big Kaepernick fan, but he could be out of the league for 3 years and still be better than JJ. lol

I put a lot of value in knowing the system. Its not the end all be all, as we just saw, but I do think its important regardless. 

All week we've been reflecting on The Best Celebrations of 2017 (So Far). From individual players breaking out dance moves to intricate team celebrations that got the nostalgia vibes flowing, we've enjoyed 9 weeks of end zone jubilation.

Today, we bring you the best celebration of 2017 (so far) -- it was immediately praised for its creativity and also hotly debated over what to call the re-enactment of this children's game.

The Vikings Play "Duck, Duck, Gray Duck"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874988/article/the-middies-award-for-best-td-celebration-of-2017-so-far

21 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I was thinking that that's been an awful lot in a few years but then I realized that that's been 12 years already. 

How many do the Browns have? 

The Browns have had 17 different QBs start a game since 2009 (21 since 2005).

Edited by disaacs

Brian Robison knocked Kirk Cousins to the turf, and the defensive end immediately helped the quarterback off the FedExField turf Sunday.

Robison, who started his first game of the season and the 103rd of his career, has been selected as the Vikings nominee for the NFL’s 2017 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Brian-Robison-Nominated-for-NFL-Sportsmanship-Award/ba58e071-8aac-45e2-9f54-ca5703b754f2

• Like 1

Everyone is shocked by the Los Angeles Rams’ success, but they significantly upgraded at head coach and have a second-year quarterback who was drafted first overall. There were reasons to believe a big improvement was coming.

When you look at all the surprise stories in the NFL this season, the one you’d have the hardest time explaining is the Minnesota Vikings. They’re the biggest surprise in the NFL this season because given the adversity they have been through, they have no business being 7-2.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-vikings-actually-nfls-biggest-surprise-051500496.html

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:
We're in line to receive 2 6th round Comp picks.

Remember we don't have a 4th from Bradford trade or a 7th from Brock trade.

Hopefully they get those, as right now they're scheduled to probably have the least amount of picks since 2009 (when they drafted Percy Harvin and Phil Loadholt), so I'd expect a lot of trading down to acquire more picks.  

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Too bad about Floyd but we've kind of already moved on. Would have been nice to have him starting but that isn't likely to happen. How much cap space do we get if he's released or retires?

He was a free agent after the season either way, so technically nothing