Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

57 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It's only tampering if the team with rights to the player doesn't allow the negotiation. Extension negotiations between trades happen semi-regularly, because presumably the Chiefs went to Washington and said hey, we're willing to trade Smith to you for what we discussed, go ahead and talk to him about money if you'd like.

This is also how the chiefs acquired smith to begin with. That deal was also prior to the year starting and couldn't be announced. I remember people saying the chiefs would change their mind before the league year started due to reaction when the compensation was announced lol

27 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Quite possibly the dumbest move the Vikings could make. 

You already have to decide between Keenum, Bridgewater, and Bradford. Why are you going to add 34 year old Alex Smith to that? Everyone knows what Smith is. Atleast they have 3 guys with potential upside right now who are younger.

His post said “Cousins to Minnesota”, not “Smith to Minnesota”.

With Foles, Jimmy G, Cousins and Smith all going for a premium, this could end up being a half decent move by this offseason's ending.

Really thought they would franchise Cousins, but Smith is miles better than him, so I won't be too harsh on this decision.

Everyone raging at 25M/year, wait a couple months and then rejoice in all the stupid contracts about to come out.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Quite possibly the dumbest move the Vikings could make. 

You already have to decide between Keenum, Bridgewater, and Bradford. Why are you going to add 34 year old Alex Smith to that? Everyone knows what Smith is. Atleast they have 3 guys with potential upside right now who are younger.

who said anything about Smith?

8 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

What in the blue heck has Alex Smith done in K.C. to where deserved to get 70 MILLION GUARANTEED? But they play hardball with Cousins smh...

I'm sorry Redskins fans.

It sounds like the chiefs would not trade him to the Redskins if they didn't offer him a new contract.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

The drop off between Cousins and Alex Smith isn't that large honestly. It's the age thing that matters. Alex will be 34 heading into next season and he's not exactly going to jump WAS into a definitive playoff team. I imagine WAS is going to make a lot of moves in the off season now that they'll have presumably have more money to spin and not have to worry about their QB situation anymore.

Redskins went 7-9 and 8-7-1 for the last two years . With still cap and picks maybe smith is what makes the O clock overall.

gruden gets his qb I'm hoping smith the guy for us man.