Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

New Mexico State clinched its first bowl bid since 1960 today.

They will likely be going to the Arizona Bowl. It is played in a venue NMSU is more than familiar with - it's the home stadium of Arizona, a former Border Conference rival.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, GreenShore said:

**** Kiffin for doing that.

Any other coach I'd say didn't even know the spread and just felt it was what give his team the best chance to win. With Lane I'm not so sure.xD

I know I'm late on this but catching up on this thread.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21676086/oklahoma-sooners-rb-rodney-anderson-facing-rape-allegation

NORMAN, Okla. -- A woman who filed an emergency order of protection against Oklahoma Sooners running back Rodney Anderson said that Anderson raped her at her apartment.

Anderson, through a statement issued by his attorney, said the allegation is "patently false."

In the protective order filing, the woman said she was drinking at a bar on Nov. 16 when she met Anderson for the first time. She said she was planning on taking an Uber home, but Anderson's friends "were insistent that he take" her home.

The woman said that this past weekend, through a conversation with a friend, she started "recalling images and feelings of him forcing his fingers" inside her and biting her. She said she tried to get away to put clothes on, but he followed her and asked what she was doing.

As of Tuesday morning, no charges had been filed against Anderson. He was ordered to pay the court costs in the protective order filing.

A hearing before a judge is scheduled for Dec. 18.

Something to keep an eye on leading up to the college football playoffs.

Just recently reported, so we'll have to wait and see what else comes out. Would hate for this to be another Brian Banks situation. Then again, Oklahoma players do have a history.

How much will this impact the Sooners if he is unavailable for the game against Georgia?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived