Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

patriotsheatyan

Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

• Goff
    • Garappolo

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't think Kyle wanted RG3 in the first place. Not like was the head coach either. Also, dude was never the same after that knee injury. 

Really though, he's had multiple opportunities to turn his career around after both Mike and Kyle Shanahan were around. He just isn't that good. Cousins wasn't ruined by the same staff. 

McVay fixed him. ;)

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure Rg3 busted because he's not a good quarterback. He had his only good year when the Shanahan's were able to do what they wanted to do and not do what he wanted to do 

He was a good QB his rookie year, one year does not make a career but something went wrong and it wasn't just his knees. Kyle had a part in that for sure, not a major one but still it reflects on him.

Think his next stint was with the Falcons if I remember correctly and he was pretty medicore his 1st year there, obviously he turned it around the next year save for not running the ball in the Superbowl. 

He's a good coach but he's still not as good as McVay is right now IMO.

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

He was a good QB his rookie year, one year does not make a career but something went wrong and it wasn't just his knees. Kyle had a part in that for sure, not a major one but still it reflects on him.

Think his next stint was with the Falcons if I remember correctly and he was pretty medicore his 1st year there, obviously he turned it around the next year save for not running the ball in the Superbowl. 

He's a good coach but he's still not as good as McVay is right now IMO.

Willing to bet Snyder, and RG3 himself had more to do with ruining his career, than Kyle did or any other coach. Especially after that bizzare power point presentation he had in front of his coaches. 

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Willing to bet Snyder, and RG3 himself had more to do with ruining his career, than Kyle did or any other coach. Especially after that bizzare power point presentation he had in front of his coaches. 

RG3 definitely is the most to blame for various reasons, but it's up to his coaches to get a player to play up to their talent level. He failed to do that for multiple seasons, but I blame Mike more than him.

What's he's done with the 49ers is pretty bloody good so far, Especially the John Lynch hire/getting lynch the job. 

6 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

RG3 definitely is the most to blame for various reasons, but it's up to his coaches to get a player to play up to their talent level. He failed to do that for multiple seasons, but I blame Mike more than him.

What's he's done with the 49ers is pretty bloody good so far, Especially the John Lynch hire/getting lynch the job. 

True, but if the owner isn't letting the coaches do their jobs, I don't see how that is held against the coaches.

13 hours ago, El ramster said:

Steven Jackson in his prime was better than Gore! Just a physical specimen..

Gore should have retired about 4-3 years ago.

hes stat padding ala Westbrook. 

Hope you don't mean BRIAN Westbrook? Dude retired at 30.

• 2 weeks later...

Between the two of them, I'd have to go with Goff right now because of the small sample size we've seen from Jimmy G., but one thing in his favor is that he did play well against some pretty good teams last year.  He will probably be a good QB for the Niners.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, Bobby816 said:

He just had a great 2nd year. There’s no reason to think he won’t have an incredible career. I assume the only reason you question him was bc of 2016. But he showed this season that he’s learned from those 1st handful of games as a rookie. There’s countless QBs that struggled as rookies that went on to have HOF careers.

Agreed. Peyton Manning and Elway were absolutely terrible in their first seasons.

23 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Agreed. Peyton Manning and Elway were absolutely terrible in their first seasons.

Umm Manning threw 26 TDs as a rookie.  Yeah he also threw 28 Ints, but he was very far from terrible.  At the time everyone talked about how impressive of a rookie year it was.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Umm Manning threw 26 TDs as a rookie.  Yeah he also threw 28 Ints, but he was very far from terrible.  At the time everyone talked about how impressive of a rookie year it was.

No such thing as any impressive season if it involves throwing that close to 30 picks. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

No such thing as any impressive season if it involves throwing that close to 30 picks. Just my opinion.

You do know that no rookie not named Dan Marino has thrown more TDs right?  Yeah, id suggest you stop just looking at stats and understand context.  

Archived