Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

patriotsheatyan

Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

• Goff
    • Garappolo

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Goff has by far the better weapons and might get the better stats next year but come on, Jimmy is EASILY the more talented/better QB.

Wrong. Goff is the more talented QB. He has the entire package. Garoppolo lacks the arm strength to drive the ball down the field. You're comparing the next Peyton Manning to the next Tony Romo.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wrong. Goff is the more talented QB. He has the entire package. Garoppolo lacks the arm strength to drive the ball down the field. You're comparing the next Peyton Manning to the next Tony Romo.

Goff's ceiling is Bulger. Jimmy's floor is Romo.

1 minute ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Goff's ceiling is Bulger. Jimmy's floor is Romo.

Goff has already surpassed Bulger's best year despite being only 23 years old. Your evaluations are miles off the mark.

5 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think a more accurate comparison is Foles vs Goff, with foles with the slight win

1) Comparing a 30 year old backup QB that has been bounced around to 3 different teams in 5 years to a 23 year old #1 overall pick is not a better comparison, whatsoever.

2) I'm sure that your ridiculous bolded statement has nothing to do you being a Philly fan at all.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:10 AM, NJniners said:

Im taking Jimmy. Goff is a great quarterback, but to me Jimmy will be the #1 QB in the League next season outside of the Big 4 (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben). Might even break into that and surpass Ben. This kid has THAT much talent. He took a team that was 1-9 and led them like an experienced team leader to 5 straight wins against some good competition. The only argument against him is the Interceptions, but if you watch, about 75% of them were misunderstandings with the receivers. After only playing a few games thats bound to happen. And for all those interceptions, hes also making some Aaron Rodgers-style miracle throws on a pretty consistent basis. Lets not even get into the supporting casts. Im a huge fan of our receivers, but outside of Garcon, Watkins would be a star for us, whereas hes the supporting cast for the Rams. And Goff has Todd freaking Gurley taking some pressure off.

49ers fans are setting the bar pretty damn high for Jimmy, huh?

26 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Most are...I'm waiting. Too small of a sample size to know how good he is. I think he's going to be good for the 49ers, but I've gone on record as saying that no small part of that is because of my faith in Shanny as an offensive mind, not because of Jimmy G himself. Jimmy just happens to be the perfect type quarterback for Shanny in my quarterback in my opinion, so I think at minimum he will be successful if for no other reason that that, but how good he  is as a player is still up in the air for me.  I still want to see what happens when teams stack the middle and force him to the outside. I want to see if he can start completely those deep throws. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Well that man sure is lol. 

Garoppolo has some flaws, but he looks to be the real deal. For him to completely flip the season the around with that supporting cast was pretty amazing. We were starting Tomlinson/Kilgore/Beadles and it still didn't matter. Want to see how he looks after some tape is out on him and with a better supporting cast. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Most are...I'm waiting. Too small of a sample size to know how good he is. I think he's going to be good for the 49ers, but I've gone on record as saying that no small part of that is because of my faith in Shanny as an offensive mind, not because of Jimmy G himself. Jimmy just happens to be the perfect type quarterback for Shanny in my quarterback in my opinion, so I think at minimum he will be successful if for no other reason that that, but how good he  is as a player is still up in the air for me.  I still want to see what happens when teams stack the middle and force him to the outside. I want to see if he can start completely those deep throws. 

For what it is worth, McVay gushed about Garrapalo. It was while talking to the Niners HC, so there may have been some tactful diplomacy going along with it, but he certainly sounded like he liked what he saw in Jimmy G. And I trust McVay when he talks personnel. So if I was a Niners fan, after waiting for the next Jeff Garcia for years (much less the next Steve Young or Joe Cool) I would be excited.

But, like you are, I would be guarded as well. I would definitely be waiting to see more. Kind of a "cautiously optimistic" stance.

Like I still am with Goff. Kid looks great so far. I was impressed when he was running the worst offense in the NFL with, arguably, the least talented offense in the NFL. I was impressed when he was running one of the best offenses in the NFL with one of the more talented offenses in the NFL. You look past the numbers in both situations. You watch the player and how he handles situations. You don't hone in on production. You hone in on how quickly he goes through progressions. Or watch to see if he is looking off safeties. Or if he is calling the right plays/adjustments at the line. How aware he of pressure in the pocket. How quickly he bounces back, mentally, from a mistake. How he interacts with his players. What he is doing on the sidelines after a series. On and on and on. The last thing I look at, in a season of extremes, are the numbers. They're useless when evaluating a young QB, imo.

As already mentioned, what will help both Jimmy G/Goff is having offensive geniuses as their head coaches. Even if teams are able to find some flaws and adjust to them, Shanny/McVay will likely be able to provide a counter to that. And they keep coming up with new designs/sets every year that it may not even matter. 

Archived