Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

patriotsheatyan

Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

• Goff
    • Garappolo

With what Jimmy Garappolo did last year with little talent around him on a  1-10 football team and win 5 in a row.  Extremely impressive, much less he has a better temperament than Goff, is arguably a better leader and has a much quicker and more accurate release.  Goff is damn lucky McVay is his coach and can make him look good like he did with Kirk Cousins.  

Oh and the Vikings just signed Cousins to a ton of cash obviously, sure better than what we had at QB last year, but yeah I would still take Garappolo long term over Cousins as well.   

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

With what Jimmy Garappolo did last year with little talent around him on a  1-10 football team and win 5 in a row.  Extremely impressive, much less he has a better temperament than Goff, is arguably a better leader and has a much quicker and more accurate release.  Goff is damn lucky McVay is his coach and can make him look good like he did with Kirk Cousins.  

Oh and the Vikings just signed Cousins to a ton of cash obviously, sure better than what we had at QB last year, but yeah I would still take Garappolo long term over Cousins as well.   

Outside of the other parts of your post that I may or may not agree with, where in the world is this coming from?

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

With what Jimmy Garappolo did last year with little talent around him on a  1-10 football team and win 5 in a row.

Not that he doesn't deserve any credit at all for those wins but let's not forget the fact that teams didn't have much tape on him in a new offense either. That little bit of an advantage can often time make a QB look better than they actually are. His wost game(statistically) against the Rams when they benched their starters, including Donald, are an example of this. 

For the record, I'm not saying that JG is not the real deal or not, it's way too early to tell, I'm just saying I think that some people need to stop putting him so much higher up on a pedestal that he has not yet deserved.

5 hours ago, jjab360 said:

Outside of the other parts of your post that I may or may not agree with, where in the world is this coming from?

Just watch him on the sidelines either in college or in the pros.  He gets frustrated easily, gets upset easily it seems and not always the best thing from the QB.  Sure Tom Brady gets upset as well, however he did not early in his career, sure he does now with more expectations and proven success.  Just not a fan of his body language all the time or his demeanor.  So comparing him to Jimmy G in that regard yeah give me Jimmy G.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not that he doesn't deserve any credit at all for those wins but let's not forget the fact that teams didn't have much tape on him in a new offense either. That little bit of an advantage can often time make a QB look better than they actually are. His wost game(statistically) against the Rams when they benched their starters, including Donald, are an example of this. 

For the record, I'm not saying that JG is not the real deal or not, it's way too early to tell, I'm just saying I think that some people need to stop putting him so much higher up on a pedestal that he has not yet deserved.

Just because a QB has not thrown for 4,000 yards does not mean he is not a great QB prospect in the future.  No one would be in love with getting Andy Dalton as your QB for the future.  Jimmy Garappolo has a great upside and I think he should become a fine pro and prove it this up coming year.  Sure maybe call it a pedestal but in 7 years this should not really be a debate once he gets a full season or two to prove himself.  The kid really throws the ball well and again seems to have a great head on his shoulders for the position.  Jared Goff is good sure, just compared specifically to Jimmy, not as much, just like I would take Wentz all day long over Goff as well and arguably maybe even Deshaun Watson.  Lucky for Goff they are developing a great team around him with a potentially great defense so he will look pretty solid with that much talent around him potentially.  

I think having a terrible line and having your best receiver be Marquise Goodwin had a lot of effect on Garoppolo’s numbers last season. So I think numbers should be thrown out the window here. From what I’ve seen jimmy is better at escaping pressure but he is a bit more of a risk taker and doesn’t possess the arm strength Goff has. I think I’d rather have Goff on the Vikings but on a bad team I think garoppolo can “carry” an offense with his willingness to extend plays and take some risks like he showed last season. Jimmys release is also freaking beautiful which makes me feel more comfortable with him attempting throws in tight spaces. I see a lot of Romo in him with less arm talent. But with protection, Goff was making some dang beautiful throws downfield and as a defensive coordinator I would respect the deep ball far more facing Goff. 

So, on a good team with receivers who can create separation: Goff

On a poor team: Jimmy

To start a franchise (age being a factor): Goff.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:04 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

True, but there has never been someone coming in mid season to another team, learning a phrase book of a completely new offense, starting two weeks later, and playing like dynamite with a team full of scrubs. No training camp, OTAs, or anything with these guys. Nothing. I can't think of another example in NFL history where this happened. At least in the modern era. 

Teams don't have much tape on him, but if that was an advantage for Jimmy, he was also dealing with a multitude of another disadvantages that most other quarterback in that same situation would not be able to overcome. 

Also, there are way more guys that get an opportunity without any tape on them, and suck anyway. So, either Jimmy G is pulling off one of the greatest hoaxes in NFL history and is a fraud that was able to trick NFL defenses for five weeks with scrubs in a new offense, or he'll be more of what everyone saw in those games. 

This JG vs JG debate will go on longer than those Frank Gore vs Steven Jackson debates on the old site. I remember Rams fans really banging on the table for Steven Jackson.. look how well that turned out for them :P

Now, when is someone going to start the REAL debate, Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay? 

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

This JG vs JG debate will go on longer than those Frank Gore vs Steven Jackson debates on the old site. I remember Rams fans really banging on the table for Steven Jackson.. look how well that turned out for them :P

Now, when is someone going to start the REAL debate, Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay? 

Sean McVay by a landslide right now, Kyle was a big part of the reason RG3 busted and while he had a solid 1st year with the 49ers it's not even close right now. 

This thread is hilarious. 

Despite all the spats between Eagles fans and Rams fans over the past year or so, I hope Suh and Donald eat Jimmy for lunch so that 49ers and Patriots fans can chill the heck out.

"Romo is Jimmy G's floor"

You heckin serious right now?

Jimmy G's floor is Andy Dalton

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Sean McVay by a landslide right now, Kyle was a big part of the reason RG3 busted and while he had a solid 1st year with the 49ers it's not even close right now. 

Don't think Kyle wanted RG3 in the first place. Not like was the head coach either. Also, dude was never the same after that knee injury. 

Really though, he's had multiple opportunities to turn his career around after both Mike and Kyle Shanahan were around. He just isn't that good. Cousins wasn't ruined by the same staff. 

17 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Pretty sure Rg3 busted because he's not a good quarterback. He had his only good year when the Shanahan's were able to do what they wanted to do and not do what he wanted to do 

Archived