Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

6 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Any chance Mixon gets an uptick in carries this week with the new OC? He was looking pretty good last week, given it was in the 2nd half when most of the guys are getting gassed.

Bengals backfield is a wasteland right now. The only one I'd think about is Gio, and thats only if majorly pressed in ppr. Mixon is a bench to me until more info is known 

My Team

QB Mariota

RB Ajayi, Miller, Kamara, Choen, Rawls (who I am going to cut)

WR: Dez, Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyrell Williams, rishard mathews

TE: Cook, Hunter Henry, CJ Fiedo (IR spot)

NYG DEF

Currently my only QB on the roster is Mariota. Siemian is available, and not much else.

My only defense is the giants, and given that their offense cant sustain drives and are susceptible to turnovers it puts the defense in a bad spot. 

I am going to drop Rawls to pick up either:

Miami's Defense (Playing NYJ this week)

Chris Carson (makes sense to drop RB for another RB)

OR Trevor Siemian (Mariota hasnt blown up yet, want a little insurance)

If Carson is a must have pick up with my RB depth being thin already, then I might consider dropping rishard mathews for Miami's defense this week. Just because I know rishard wont do much against SEA to make anyone want to add him lol and I am pretty deep at WR considering only 2 spots and a flex. 

Im 0-2 in that league because I went against Hunt week 1 and the guy this week had wentz, freeman, Kelce. 

my team is in rough shape after last week...

qb ben, luck

rb johson (hurt), zeke, hunt, west, mixon (just traded cohen for) mack

wr hilton, pryor, marvin jones, tyrell williams, garcon

te reed

def

k

i dont really know what i should do. i cant trade hunt or zeke bc i have no depth really. im gonna try to get rid of jones while his value is high maybe, any buy low candidates you'd suggest or anything i should do? I legit LOVED my draft this year too..

EDIT:

Just traded MArvin jones, terrance west, and ben for demaryius thomas and doug martin. im gonna pick up a qb

Have first priority in WW.

rank some of these players (PPR)

Chris Carson

James White 

Buck Allen

Derrick Henry

Alvin Kamara 

Jamison Crowder

Conner  Kupp 

Allen Hurns

Jermaine Kearse

JJ Nelson

Currently have Bell, Murray and Coleman for backs and Hilton, Crabtree, Hill and Tyrell Williams at WR.

7 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Just got sent Julio Jones for Zeke and Kelvin Benjamin. 

My RBs would be Kareem Hunt, Freeman, Montgomery 

and my WR's Julio and Mike Evans 

as is I have to sit one of Zeke, Freeeman, Hunt, or Montgomery and play Benjamin. 

Ahh, so it did work. Yes, I would take that deal. I really don't have a whole lot of confidence in the Panther's passing offense right now, and I think that Benjamin is going to be a hit and miss streamer right now, and it's going to be hard trying to figure out which games to play him in.

Zeke's value is mitigated with your other running backs, so you're dealing from a position of pure strength, and getting one of the two premier wide receivers in the NFL. I think Zeke outscores Ty by less than Julio outscores Benjamin, so that's a net win in my opinion.

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is DeMarco a buy low candidate or are we seeing a change in Tennessee?

I wouldn't be trading for DeMarco right now. I don't necessarily know if we're seeing a change, but he had foot issues that lingered over the last month of last year and he really struggled and now he tweaked his hammy, another injury that can stick around for awhile. Add in that Henry has simply looked like a better runner this year, and I can't see how this doesn't end up as a true timeshare where both of them are essentially stuck with flex value. 

Torn on what to do at QB this week. I have Mariota and am sitting on Luck (a decision I'm struggling with every day). I can drop a guy like Jordan Matthews to pick up either Siemian or Cutler for this week, or I can just roll with Mariota and hope he can get a couple touchdowns against Seattle. The traditional ranking sites all have Mariota above those two for Week 3, but I'm struggling to see it, especially since I fully expect the Titans to try to go into full power-run mode on Sunday.

Well I'm really unsure of Jordan Howard who was supposed to be my one solid every week starter at RB. I'm not sure if he is hurt I mean I know he's hurt but if he'll still play or if it's worth it or not so I have him penciled in at FLEX I moved Cohen to RB with Dalvin Cook but now I have many okay options at FLEX what should I do?

Howard still vs PIT

Chris Carson @ TEN

Mixon @ GB

JStew vs NO

Corey Davis vs SEA

Chris Hogan vs HOU

Tyrell Williams vs KC

So a ton of options but no one I am super confident with. 

Its PPR

Also I'm not married to Cohen starting if you feel really good about two options (1 obviously being a RB).

Standard League 

For WR3 would you play Tyrell Williams vs KC or Rashard Higgins @IND or Jermain Kearse vs MIA

For QB, who has the highest ceiling for week 3,  stay with Rivers vs KC or pickup Alex Smith @LAC / Trevor Siemian @BUF / DeShone Kizer @IND

Archived