Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

2 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

He must be very confident that he will be handed the keys to the Patriot Kingdom. Dude just likely got himself blackballed everywhere else in the NFL with this move.

Also what people said when Belichick resigned as HC of the NYJ after 24 hours.  Look how that worked out.

Just now, RollEagles said:

Did you also tell the new job you accepted that you'd be going to work there and let them believe that for weeks after all the other top candidates took other jobs? And then did you give the impression you were staying by discussing your plans and potential hires? And then did you at the last second, back out?

Because if you did, I'd definitely think that raises a ton of questions about your character.

We did, actually! We spoke about what holidays I'd work and my preferred working environments. Then I came in one morning and said "Thanks but I've taken a position better suited to my future aspirations" 

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Brown said:

We did, actually! We spoke about what holidays I'd work and my preferred working environments. Then I came in one morning and said "Thanks but I've taken a position better suited to my future aspirations" 

Oh so you really just discussed things that most people discuss on interviews. You didn't at all discuss potential jobs for other people moving their families across the country.

Totally the exact same situation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

Yeah, Jim Irsay exudes class. Would have been too much class in one building to be honest.

1926qvsc2zfhnjpg.jpg

Irsay doesn't have class. That doesn't mean McDaniels took it from him. 

They both lack class.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Also what people said when Belichick resigned as HC of the NYJ after 24 hours.  Look how that worked out.

Belichick chose a different NFL HC job. It was his second go-around. Belichick knew that he wasn't getting a third chance, so it didn't really matter for him.

• Like 3

Oh so you really just discussed things that most people discuss on interviews. You didn't at all discuss potential jobs for other people moving their families across the country.

Totally the exact same situation!

Interviews? I had already worked a full week. A job is a job. A job doesn't define a person is my point. 

Irsay doesn't have class. That doesn't mean McDaniels took it from him. 

They both lack class.

So, who really cares? One decided to stay in NE in part so he wouldn't have to move his family. The other got arrested on a DUI and with hookers.

Glad to see McDaniels stayed away from that Dumpster fire in Indy. Luck would be smart to get the hell out of there too.