Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

I always feel bad about my early posts in that thread but then I think back to the time when I made them and I don't think it was necessarily inaccurate at the time.

I agree. Doug learned and grew. Something we assumed he wasn't capable of because his mentor and 'predecessor' Andy Reid never did.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I agree. Doug learned and grew. Something we assumed he wasn't capable of because his mentor and 'predecessor' Andy Reid never did.

Everything up until that Kansas City game (where Blount got ZERO carries) was meh. He was average. And I think that's when I made those posts about him giving up play-calling. I don't think that's even considered a hot take, because we had a full season and the start of his second season to evaluate. I just wasn't seeing the magic.

He took a LOT OF HEAT after the Kansas City game and I think he made the right adjustments. That's what makes Doug great. He isn't an egomaniac who's gonna stick to his guns even if it means he fails over and over. 

Just now, Phire said:

Everything up until that Kansas City game (where Blount got ZERO carries) was meh. He was average. And I think that's when I made those posts about him giving up play-calling. I don't think that's even considered a hot take, because we had a full season and the start of his second season to evaluate. I just wasn't seeing the magic.

He took a LOT OF HEAT after the Kansas City game and I think he made the right adjustments. That's what makes Doug great. He isn't an egomaniac who's gonna stick to his guns even if it means he fails over and over. 

I think I made the thread after the next week. Doug's 4th and 8 call at midfield because some analytics guy said it was a good idea. Yes we won that game, but his play-calling to that point was quite disappointing in my eyes.

44 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

man a lot of teams have a ton of cap room I think all of our guys that are FA might be gone. 

Howie Roseman: We’re not going to get rid of good players because of our cap situation and that responsibility starts with me

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/02/28/howie-roseman-nick-foles-keep/

Howie Da GOAT! Let’s hope so.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

@DeJack_10 that meant they weren't trying to cut or trade good players to make cap room. You can't sign your FAs with negative money. A lot of them are gone.

Realistically speaking, I know it will be difficult to retain all our players and certainly expect cap casualties, but also learned not to count Howie out.

I trust Howie can make some things happen... dude is a cap God.

Archived