Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

Thank goodness someone else sees Mills as a garabage corner.. he can totally be replaced. i have no idea why he gets so many media interviews... 

Finger wags and green hair. 

Dude may be cheeks but he knows how to market himself. 

1 hour ago, Hammertime52 said:

Mills is average, easily replaceable 

but i really like him personally and how much he loves the team

Pretty much this. He's kinda like Curry, but Curry is actually good vs the run. I don't mind them being on the team for depth, but I don't want them starting or getting paid a lot.

17 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Thank goodness someone else sees Mills as a garabage corner.. he can totally be replaced. i have no idea why he gets so many media interviews... 

I think calling him garbage is being ridiculous.

He's not special. But he's absolutely a decent starter. Sometimes I feel like the expectations for corners on this forum are insane. Amongst Eagles fans especially I mean. There aren't many corners who are able to just lock down their WR week to week.

Plenty of guys get beat just as often as Mills yet are considered better. He just has this bad rap because of his disastrous rookie year. 

TBH, I really hope Mills stays on this team for a long time. Not as our #1 or even really #2. But certainly want him on the team and to be playing for us. And he isn't going to command some big deal. We'll get him for cheap. 

He is a great presence in the locker room, and he came up big for us this year in multiple games.

Not only that, but I feel like after all these years and years of everyone here whining about how our corners can't tackle....and watching guys like Maxwell and DRC arm tackle guys every week, that some people here would come to appreciate the fact that Mills has actually turned into one of the better tackling corners in the league.

I'm just tired of this "Mills is garbage" nonsense. He is a solid player. Sometimes he gets beat. But sometimes he also makes huge plays for us in crucial moments, and he is one of the most consistent tacklers on the team.

Archived