Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

A pair of our former safeties were both cut this afternoon.

Kurt Coleman by the Panthers, and Quintin Demps by the Bears. Any interesting in bringing either of them on board for depth if they're cheap (as I'd expect them to be?)

Coleman at least I know played better after leaving our team.

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

A pair of our former safeties were both cut this afternoon.

Kurt Coleman by the Panthers, and Quintin Demps by the Bears. Any interesting in bringing either of them on board for depth if they're cheap (as I'd expect them to be?)

Coleman at least I know played better after leaving our team.

Not really. Coleman can probably help depth wise somewhere, but I don't think its in Philly.

We need to start getting younger at safety.

McLeod wasn't as good last year as he was in 2016 and will be turning 28 years old before the season starts.

Jenkins is going to turn 31 years old by the end of this season.

Maragos is just a special teamer and he already turned 31 years old earlier this year.

We need to start investing some draft capital at the position. I mean we haven't drafted a pure safety since Ed Reynolds in 2014. We did select Gerry who was a safety coming out last year, but we selected him as a linebacker since it was our intent on playing him there.

The good news is this draft sounds promising for safeties available on late day 2 to early day 3.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not really. Coleman can probably help depth wise somewhere, but I don't think its in Philly.

We need to start getting younger at safety.

McLeod wasn't as good last year as he was in 2016 and will be turning 28 years old before the season starts.

Jenkins is going to turn 31 years old by the end of this season.

Maragos is just a special teamer and he already turned 31 years old earlier this year.

We need to start investing some draft capital at the position. I mean we haven't drafted a pure safety since Ed Reynolds in 2014. We did select Gerry who was a safety coming out last year, but we selected him as a linebacker since it was our intent on playing him there.

The good news is this draft sounds promising for safeties available on late day 2 to early day 3.

Wouldn't hurt to also get cheaper at safety. Rodney and Malcolm take up a solid chunk of cap.

42 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Wouldn't hurt to also get cheaper at safety. Rodney and Malcolm take up a solid chunk of cap.

Yea I think I brought this up in a thread a few days ago. If Jenkins (or McLeod) declines this year, I think he could be a cap casualty in a year. Would be smart to get the replacement soon. 

McLeod isn't bad but I think he is underwhelming. He seems like he isn't playing up to his full potential. Would be nice to get a guy in here who could eventually push him for the job. Eagles seem to like Tre Sullivan too as they resigned him to the practice squad. Can't complain too much though because being average is a lot better than some of the safety combos of years past. 

On 2/25/2018 at 3:47 PM, 808 said:

Rotoworld says Burton turned down a contract from our FO, which he should have. No way we can offer what he’s due. Plus if I had a perfect passer rating in the SB, I would do the same. 

He’ll get paid well to go someplace like San Fran and do well

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

Hope he balls out wherever he goes. Burton and the Philly Special will live forever. 

Yea, go out and get payed (though if it was Dallas It’d be tough ha)

any of these guys who could leave don’t owe us anything and we will remember them fondly 

Interesting fact from the combine:

Pro Bowl wide recievers

Don't put TOO much stock into the 40-time for wide receivers. Since 2003, there have been more Pro Bowl WRs who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.60 seconds-or-slower (4: Allen Robinson, Brandon Lloyd, Anquan Boldin and Jarvis Landry) than Pro Bowl WRs who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 seconds-or-faster (3: Mike Wallace, DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson).

Archived