Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Random scenario: Eagles trade their 2018 first round pick to the Patriots in exchange for wide receiver Brandin Cooks.

Immediate thoughts? Seems like an invest-now "Howie Roseman move"?

trade it for tom brady and let him sit behind foles and wentz so he can learn a thing or two.

39 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'd trade the 32nd pick for Brandon Cooks. For sure. 

I'd feel more comfortable if it were a 2 or a 3+. He's exactly the kind of player we lack but he's just not consistent enough to let go a 1 for him. 

36 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Someone explain Chris Long's contract spotrac says he signed a 2 year deal...but has contract numbers through 2021. 

Years 2019-2021 can be voided? Wouldn't that be a 5 year deal? 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/4/15175310/chris-long-eagles-contract-details-cap-space-official-philadelphia-defensive-end-patriots-rams-nfl

Its a 5 year deal that's voidable after 2. But it's really a 1 year deal. You can read more about it. Foles' contract is similar. The Eagles can void the contract if the player isn't worth it but can use those extra years to restructure guaranteed money or spread it out if they want to keep the player. Pretty genius for a team right against the cap. Kind of like signing a guy without any real repercussions for cutting him. But has the capacity to keep him if they so choose. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I'd feel more comfortable if it were a 2 or a 3+. He's exactly the kind of player we lack but he's just not consistent enough to let go a 1 for him. 

Also only has a year before he wants a big deal. he was worth a 1st for the patriots last year based on 1) more years of cheap team control and 2) the age of Tom Brady.

Given we are not in an absolute win now mode (as in we don't have to go all out for one last try) and he has less cheap team control now, not worth a 1st. And for us (especially after paying Alshon),  not worth a 2nd either. 

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

If we lose Bradham, I think Derrick Johnson would be a good pickup. He's older but he'll be cheap (assuming he'd want to ring chase)

It's nice to be able to dangle that now, huh? 

Howie in a satin jump suit:

"Hey, look bruh. You're getting up in age. Might as well take a team friendly deal and ball out with Carson and crew. Nah, mean?"

Archived